DVDVR Message Board

G1 Climax 26

MoeCristyV.1.6

It'd look better if every time did it, the opponent didn't appear to holding himself in the hold.

Anyway, A Block Winner crazyness:

Spoiler

Tanahashi wins A Block with a Win vs. Okada OR a draw vs. Okada AND a Goto/Marufuji Draw

Fale wins with: A Win vs Tonga AND a Tanahashi Loss/Draw vs. Okada

Goto wins with: a win vs. Marufuji AND a Okada/Tanahashi draw.

Marufuji wins with: Win vs. Goto AND a Tanahashi loss. 

Okada wins with: win vs. Tanahashi AND Marufuji loss AND Fale Loss.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Kinda sucks how Tenzan's storyline went right off the rails. Did anyone expect him dead last in the group a month ago?

Nope.  I'm wondering what the point to the storyline was.  Maybe Kojima gets pissed because he gave Tenzan his spot, and turns on Tenzan.  They seemed to be setting Tenzan up to have a good run.  But, nope.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Sanada's Dragon Sleeper has hit ridiculous levels.  Ishii's head was popping free as he was tapping.

Ishii having to tap to that was heartbreaking. Like watching your dad get fake beat-up and put in the world's worst sleeper hold.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Kinda sucks how Tenzan's storyline went right off the rails. Did anyone expect him dead last in the group a month ago?

After the first two Block A days or so I was all-in on a rejuvenated Tenzan running roughshod over the field, fueled by the slight of his original exclusion and TENCOZY FOREVER FRIENDSHIP~, but yeah, that sure went south in a hurry.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2016 at 11:20 AM, Pete said:

I sort of did, given how NJPW can never seem to give him any sort of sustained push. I was thinking that he'd win the whole thing, and *THEN* Kojima would turn on him, since he took his spot.

Things ive learned/discovered throughout this years G1;

Marufujis chops are insane

I can't stand Shibata

Ishii is a MOTY machine

Tanahashi can still go

Naito is now one of my favourite wrestlers 

Naito/Marufuji/Ishii for MVP for me with Ishii just taking it

Imagine this G1 with AJ and Naka added in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peterien said:

Shibata seems like a real douche.

He does, and he also seems pretty bland. He needs to start tagging with someone that can really bring out his natural douchiness, and I know just the guy that would be perfect in that role... Can you imagine a team of Shibata and Naito with  Shibata picking up some of Naito's nastier bits? They could be the "Splendid Spitters" ... or not... I have to admit that Naito is probably the most hateable guy in pro wrestling since Tully Blanchard, and that's saying something. I never thought I'd see someone improve on Larry Z's stalling routine to the point that I want to hurl things at the TV, but Naito not only pulls it off, he makes the routine just a warm up for the real douchiness to follow. What a magnificent bastard... The only thing left is for him to start urinating on beaten opponents or something of that nature...

• Like 1

Got my Block B wish, at least, and that Block finale was amazing.

I know history's against him (and I could totally see Goto being the proud native champion with his whole shtick), but I think Kenny right now has a good a shot as any gaijin could have to take the G1, especially given how all in on Japan he's been.

2 hours ago, Cyanide said:

Got my Block B wish, at least, and that Block finale was amazing.

I know history's against him (and I could totally see Goto being the proud native champion with his whole shtick), but I think Kenny right now has a good a shot as any gaijin could have to take the G1, especially given how all in on Japan he's been.

Omega's going to win so NJ can continue their proud tradition of cutting Goto's pushes off at the knees.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hey, Nakanishi actually won the G1. 

So has Goto.

Also of note, Omega is only the 3rd Gajin to reach the G1 Final.  Last time was Karl Anderson in 2012, then it goes all the way back to Rick Rude in 92.