DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For JULY 6, 2016

RIPPA

Per PWI

Dark match: Tye Dillinger def. Kai Jetsana (Not sure who this was. He may have been brought in for the Cruiserweight Classic and not used. I don't think he's a contracted talent or if this is how his name is spelled)

Week 1

- Bayley def. Alexa Bliss. One of Bliss' best showings.

Post match: Bayley cuts a promo about getting knocked down and getting back up. She says Nia Jax took her shit at Takeover. Nia Jax comes out to get in Bayley's face. The two have words until Nia leaves

-Hype Bros vs. Blake and Murphy barely starts when Rhyno interrupts. He gores Blake, Mojo and Ryder. Murphy is able to escape.

- The Revival def. American Alpha in a Two out of Three Falls match to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship. American Alpha wins the first fall. The Revival win the next two. Fantastic match.

Per WON

- Dark Match: Tye Dillinger beat Kai Katana

Over the knee neckbreaker by Dillinger for the win.

- Bayley beat Alexa Bliss

Bayley wins via Belly to Bayley in a great match. Her post match promo was interrupted by Nia Jax as the build to their eventual rematch has begun.

- Blake & Murphy vs Hype Bros never happened as Rhyno returned to destroy them all

- NXT Tag Team Champions The Revival beat American Alpha in a two-of-three falls match

First fall went well over ten minutes with Jason Jordan catching Dash Wilder with an ankle Lock for the submission. Second fall happened rather quickly thereafter with Scott Dawson catching Jordan in a leg lock submission of his own. Third fall had some amazing nearfall attempts early on. Finally, The Revival hit an apron shatter machine on Gable for the win.

Yeah, a flap jack onto the apron would make more sense.  That would be more damage, unless it's them doing it on the apron as a counter, but still, you'd almost be better just flapjacking the man on the apron rather than hitting the shatter machine.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am guessing but I am assuming they used the ring apron instead of the knees to complete the move

Nah it was a regular shatter machine. I thought it was botched at first but they just went with it. Dash was feeling it afterwards. Besides that, the match was so damn good. That first fall felt like it went 20 minutes and had Jordan as FIP instead of Gable. Those two teams can do no wrong.

That Bayley/Alexa match was good too. It was Alexa's best match probably ever and as I mentioned on Twitter, some of the crowd seems to be turning on Bayley for the "SuperCena" comebacks. It's not many though as she's still over like crazy.

7 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

That Bayley/Alexa match was good too. It was Alexa's best match probably ever and as I mentioned on Twitter, some of the crowd seems to be turning on Bayley for the "SuperCena" comebacks. It's not many though as she's still over like crazy.

Meltzer hinted at this on a recent radio show including citing a show that she was booed on (don't know which one)

• 2 weeks later...

Bayley/Bliss was good, definitely the best Alexa has looked.

Alpha/Revival was great again. On first watch I still like the End match better, but this came pretty damn close regardless.

Thought that was as good as Alexa had looked, and Bayley was on point as well. Don't see anything to complain about as far as Bayley making a comeback. Alexa's offense looked good and hurty, (and that's been a weakness for her,) but it wasn't some massive beatdown that Bayley shouldn't have been able to recover from.

The tag match I thought might have been the best of the three, but all of them are close overall

So pumped for the tag match. Got that booted up next.

Bayley/Bliss was SO f'n good. Anyone who boos Bayley is a garbage person. Like, why? She is awesome. If anyone is booing out of some meta "Super Cena" comeback dumb thing than go watch something else. Really, go watch anything else.

I loved the story it told so much. I love how Bayley has to be more aggressive because she knows Asuka and Nia have jumped her in the line. She broke out some new moves (the stomach buster on the apron thing) and did the "WOAAAAH' faster so it wasn't a distraction and added in a kick to the corner, too. But Alexa (both in character and critically) has come a long way lately. She tagged the f out of Bayley with that awesome punch. I love the choke and her crazy person eyes. Her eyes when she does that choke really show her character -- just this evil, horrible witch inside her. She also did some great trash talk. "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET BAYLEY!" She's just a hair behind the elite level women in the division now kayfabe -- she had Bayley in position for Twisted Bliss, but Bayley still has heart and guts and determination and guile and experience, which one out in the end.

That was a seriously great wrestling match. Bayley (and whoever puts the matches together) really knows how to tell a compelling story with her. It never fails. Her rematch with Nia is going to be great. And Bliss has really come on strong. I dug her Carmella match a lot and the triangle match with Nia.

From the youtube highlights of Bayley-Bliss:

- Bayley's Buckle Bomb looked vicious, I suspect thanks to Alexa selling it by hitting the top buckle, then falling to hit the middle one.

- the crowd seemed to sour a bit on Bayley when she started to pander by taking Alexa on a tour of the turnbuckles and repeating her running strikes. I liked the corner knee though.

- Alexa's punch and knees were fantastic.Her choke continues to look ridiculous.

I really like the show.  Bayley/Alexa was really good.  I think Bliss is getting there characterwise.  She definitely had better chemistry with Bayley than with Carmella.  Strong outting.  I'm guessing the booing Bayley is people being contrarian douches.  

Tag match was really great.  I would love if the Revivial to get a shot on the main roster some day.  They are truly a great team.  I love their cut off spots and it's awesome that WWE has a number of teams where you've got good Ricky Morton's in Chad Gable and Enzo that they get to do all their great heel cut off spots for that really build to the Cass and Jordan hot tags.  Loved them pulling off finisher saves on the Grand Amplitude and Shatter Machine.

• Like 2

I love how Rhyno is apparently romping around the campus of Full Sail University in just a singlet and boots. Where the f is he going? Food court? A dorm? Either way, that's my favorite promo in a while.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I love how Rhyno is apparently romping around the campus of Full Sail University in just a singlet and boots. Where the f is he going? Food court? A dorm? Either way, that's my favorite promo in a while.

Night class?  He needs to ramp up his video editing skills for his run for run for Michigan House of Representatives.

• Like 1