DVDVR Message Board

Roman Reigns Suspended 30 Days

Pete

2 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

I know it's trolly, but I'd really like to see what the reaction to a crowd chanting "STEROIDS" would be. 

If Roman felt the reactions to him  were bad before this, wait until he comes back.

Roman needs to serve his 30, come back on a Monday night, and fucking destroy Dean Ambrose. Put him through tables, rag doll him, leave him in a pile and then walk off without saying a word. The ONLY thing they can do at this point is turn him and make it as violent as TV-PG will let them. The 30 days off tv may be a blessing in disguise actually. Count me among those that likes Roman and feels bad for him. He's a victim of maybe the most ham-fisted pushes I've seen.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, The Z said:

Maybe they can capitalize on this and turn the guy into the bad guy Razor Roman.

Heck, I thought his "sip your beer and shut your mouth" comment on Monday sounded Razor-esque.  Sounded like it was off the cuff, too, which just lends more credence that he'd be better without Vince's scripting.

If they really want to go for it, have Roman admit Bray Wyatt was right along about society.  Let him be the Hound of Justice for Bray's flock as Wyatt gets pushed to the WHC scene.  Reigns can work the US/IC circuit for a while, and pull the big belt off Wyatt in 12-15 months in a face turn.

Or, similar to what Ramsey suggested, have him do a no-show at Battleground--only to rag doll Ambrose/Rollins at the end or on Raw the next night.

Ultimately, I don't think this derails Roman's career.  Randy Orton still pulls $3 million annually and had an amendment written into the Wellness Policy to cover for him should he get popped a third time.  And Reigns doesn't seem to be an actual asshole like Orton.  He'll get grief for a while, but probably be fine as long as he pisses in a cup on cue for a year with no new bad results.

• Like 2

Nothing on Smackdown last night to suggest Roman won't be in the triple threat at Battleground .  I guess they could insert a taped angle later to write him out, but I don't think they will.  Maybe they throttle back on Roman's push temporarily, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vince tried to regroup and still go all-in.

I kinda wonder what else might be going on behind this.  Meltzer generally thinks the company "saves" big names from wellness violations unless the person is in the doghouse for some other reason.  He's claimed that Orton's second wellness violation was allowed to become public because Trips and Vince didn't like Orton's attitude.  He also heavily implied (and maybe outright said; I don't remember for sure) that Rey's second violation was made public only after Rey declined to work WrestleMania that year (he was injured at the time).

I don't believe for a second Roman would be allowed to fail unless there's something else going on - either the ratings or something backstage.

9 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If they really want to go for it, have Roman admit Bray Wyatt was right along about society.  Let him be the Hound of Justice for Bray's flock as Wyatt gets pushed to the WHC scene.

733231.jpg?b64lines=UFJPTU9URSBUSEFUIE1B

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I don't believe for a second Roman would be allowed to fail unless there's something else going on - either the ratings or something backstage.

It could just be they were at an impasse with Roman Reigns, so let him cool off for a month then see if his suspension garners any sympathy and go from there. This is a win-win for WWE, they get to cool off Reigns and have him off TV for a bit while they figure out what to do next (I assume there is going to be some fuckery at Battleground to give them two World Titles) plus this shows their Wellness Policy is legit because one of the top guys in the company is getting punished in the middle of his big push

As long as we're fantasy booking Roman's return, here's mine: 

Vince isn't going to want to completely give up on him, but obviously #1 babyface isn't a spot he can hold down. Where can he be out of the title picture, but still in a position to get built back up? A heel stable.

The Club and the Wyatts are options, but I don't think they want Roman to take that much of a backseat. Answer: Samoan Mafia heel stable with Joe and the Usos.

Keeps him relevant, freshens up the Usos, who are staler than stale, puts Joe in a good spot straightway, and when it's time to break them up, matches with Joe will be a great launchpad. 

• Like 5

The fans are going to be brutal on Roman when he comes back. Despite his solid performances in the ring his mega push has been a train wreck. To make matters worse they balked on giving Dean the ball when he was white hot in the Summer and Fall of 2014. Regardless of what you think about Ambrose he has to be given major credit for staying as over as he has to be in the position to bail them out.

They could make Roman the best heel they've had in ages with the right booking. Have Roman come out and blame the fans for his failed drug test due to the pressure they put him under by not liking him. I don't know if the WWE if afraid of that much heat nowadays, but I'd go for it.

• Like 2

Can't blame RR for them goofing up Ambrose in 2014, though.  Reigns was in a feud with Orton when they had Dean booby-trapping briefcases and squeezing ketchup bottles.  And he was dealing with his hernia injury when Ambrose jobbed to a hologram and exploding TV. 

I doubt they're that scared to work this into their story.  They've been promoting Enzo's concussion for weeks, complete with slow-mo video every chance they get.  With the concussion lawsuit still going on, that's a lot more dangerous than having Reigns play a spiraling character with some sleeping pills in his pockets. Unless Roman is mainlining black tar heroin, it's open season.

3 hours ago, Brysynner said:

...this shows their Wellness Policy is legit because one of the top guys in the company is getting punished in the middle of his big push

I'm not sure about that since everyone is wildly speculating about what other reasons precipitated the failed drug test.

I doubt anything short of Cena or Lesnar getting busted would get people to even remotely consider that WWE's testing isn't as much of a work as anything that happens on Raw.

Just now, Go2Sleep said:

I'm not sure about that since everyone is wildly speculating about what other reasons precipitated the failed drug test.

I doubt anything short of Cena or Lesnar getting busted would get people to even remotely consider that WWE's testing isn't as much of a work as anything that happens on Raw.

It's more of outside perception. The ESPN crowd who knows a little of current WWE know that Roman Reigns was just the champion of the company so to outside eyes it seems like really legit. In regards to Cena, does WWE test their wrestlers when they are rehabbing from injury? That could be how Cena's gotten through the system so far

Heel Roman Reigns is money in a way that heel Cena could never be. I so hope they go through with it. Especially in an age where all the fan favorites are little indie dudes. He could be the most over bad guy since 90s Vince.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Heel Roman going all "Fuck your indy dudes!" would be great to see.  Pair him with Baron and they could go on an indy-crushing crusade which would be fun TV.

hqdefhfhafault.jpg

It won't work out for him.  There are too many.

• Like 6