DVDVR Message Board

Raw is MitB Rematches - 6/20/16

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, nate said:

Well, no one was EVER able to powerbomb Billy Kidman.  Esp. all those dudes who never used a powerboat before in their lives 

Look, let's just leave their boating skills out of this!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I am all-in on a slow-burn "Xavier gets mesmerized by the Wyatt Family" storyline. Especially so if they do the Daniel Bryan/Wyatts resolution of having him join the family but come out of it eventually.

He'll come out of it after either Big E or Kofi play Francesca II, and her siren song breaks the grip of Bray Wyatt. 

1 hour ago, caley said:

Most awkward moment of the night is Becky saying that she doesn't know why people keep turning on her but that she's going to focus on herself now followed by Natalya attacking her and saying she's going to focus on herself now.  I expect that next week Paige will attack both of them and announce that she's going to focus on herself now.

Becky said she was still going to trust people but she's not going to give people more than once chance before she does not trust them anymore (so she's already smarter than Sting)

3 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

He'll come out of it after either Big E or Kofi play Francesca II, and her siren song breaks the grip of Bray Wyatt. 

That's not going to happen because with Woods a member of the Wyatt Family, no one will be around to play with Francesca II so she will go to the loving hands of Enzo Amore which would leave New Day without a way to entice Woods back to the land of Booty-O's (they make sure you ain't booty!)

2 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

That's the story, one of them will have to learn to play Francesca II. Cue some interesting vignettes. 

They will have to learn the secret kazoo melody that will break the fair Princess out of his spell and bring him back in time for the final fight.

The Legend of Xavier: Kazoorina of Booty

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nate said:

Well, no one was EVER able to powerbomb Billy Kidman.  Esp. all those dudes who never used a powerboat before in their lives 

Haas and Benjamin managed it! Vengeance 2003, in a tag against Mysterio and Kidman. Christ, that was a great match. 

• Like 1

I was hoping this thread was going turn into a LEX LUGER career retrospective post after the 1st page.

I am disappointed.  I still can't believe no one uses the Torture Rack today as a finisher.

• Like 1

Considering a ton of guys are smaller than in the last 15 years the torture rack would be a great finisher now.  Big E maybe?  He could laugh and say funny shit.  Would give him a demented funny but dangerous guy gimmick if he goes solo eventually.  He could probably pick up anyone right?  Maybe not big show or stroman but he should be beyond them if he ever gets a push like that.  All stream of conscious ideas in this post.

Thought this was a pretty decent Raw.

Ambrose looked strong as champ and got a solid reaction.

Owens/Zayn might be the one combo Raw can't run into the ground.

They're allowed to have multiple women's angles again, and Sasha's back. Dana botching the foot on the rope spot was funny.

Disingenuous heel AJ is great. He's always been an underrated comedy guy. Not seeing the prolonged Cena feud helping him too much, though. Hopefully they give AJ another tainted win at Battleground then separate those two in the draft. I think that's a good compromise since Cena always has to be protected, and they can feud again down the road with Cena never having a win over AJ.

I wasn't sure about New Day/Wyatts, but then they teased Bray stealing Xavier's soul. That's so ridiculous it just might work. Strowman clapping to New Day Falls was great too. I don't know if they have the balls to write this as a face/face feud, but they really should try.

Roman's suspension might work to WWE's benefit, as it looked like they were about to shoot themselves in the foot by blowing off a hot angle too soon in a time where they're desperate for hot matchups. The plan always should've been Rollins/Ambrose non-finish with Roman interfering. Doesn't even matter how those three get split in draft, the match would still be hot at Summer Slam and gives them plenty of options for a second championship.

• RIPPA unpinned this topic