DVDVR Message Board

So...just how old are the DVDR posters?

MADCAP

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

It was before the Swedes or whoever it was hacked the shit out of the old board and necessitated a move. I'm not even sure how long ago that was.

About five years ago. This version of the board started in late 2013.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Dutch hacking was older than that I think. The 2013 thing was just sorta the board collapsing iirc.

I thought so, too. (Swedes, Dutch, whatever.) I thought we were getting on close to ten years since that had happened. Maybe I'm getting my wires crossed somewhere.

I'm 42. Been a part of the "IWC" since about '96 way back in the RSPW days. I was "watching"/listening to the scramblevision version of SuperBrawl '96 while browsing RSPW and chatting on IRC when Brian Pillman gave me my first online handle......Bookerman. I used that for a year or so before just going to my name.

I remember Marc Mero posting on RSPW and tons of people giving him shit not believing it was him. Then, one day  on a random WCW Saturday Night, Johnny B Badd was on his way to the ring throwing frisbees out to the crowd. He looked at the camera, turned a frisbee around to show the letters RSPW written inside of it. After that, he got a bunch of shit on the board for "sucking" and other such nonsense. It drove him off the board.

I frequented many different boards over the years (Online Onslaught, Weinerville, Scoops, etc) and had heard of the DVDR board long, long ago, but never registered and only lurked occasionally and never stuck around long.  It was actually the Sleeze Thread that brought me back and got me to register and stick around for good.  I've stopped going to any other boards all together over time.

Anyway, yeah.....just a few memories from an old time online fan.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I'm 35. I think I look younger than I am, thanks to an intensive skin care regiment and sleeping way more than I used to. At least, I hope so, or all that money I spent on skin care products was a bit of a waste.

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

My 40th is in March.  Lemme tell you, after 35, I started feeling every one of the bumps I've taken.  I'm now aging in dog years.

Having to refer to you and Skag Rollins as "grizzled vets" is making me feel old since I saw his 3rd or 4th professional match as "The American Wet Dream"  back in the day......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OSJ said:

Having to refer to you and Skag Rollins as "grizzled vets" is making me feel old since I saw his 3rd or 4th professional match as "The American Wet Dream"  back in the day......

Ha!  It kinda bookended my career. One of the first matches I refereed had Skag in it, and the last match I ever wrestled had me teaming with him. 

Fun fact: when my wife-to-be and I worked together in 2007, I showed a pic of me working with him in ECCW.

Her reaction: “That’s Todd!” 

My reaction: “....how do you know that?”

Turns out her best friend’s husband was friends with him, and they knew each other.  Small world. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2018 at 12:49 AM, Brian Fowler said:

The Dutch hacking was older than that I think. The 2013 thing was just sorta the board collapsing iirc.

Coming to this VERY LATE: The Dutch/Swedish/Fruitopian hack was definitely 2005, because it happened right around the time I started posting regularly, which was like a week before Eddy died.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah - I was gone from roughly Beginning of 2004-2005 and the dutch hacking actually occurred during that period.

The switch to the Invision Board (basically think the old green board to the old blue version of this board) was Sept 2005

If you look at the archives of when the board was board.deathvalleydriver.com you can see when that switch was made. (the old board was so fucking huge that there was no way to save it hence the restart)

The first half of 2013 was when the board was crashing weekly because our old host company couldn't/wouldn't supply the service we needed to support the board. That's when we switched host companies and had to restart the board. (Turns out the old board was also corrupted hence why we weren't able to merge that content into this board)

That's when the url when from board to forum

That's why if you look at the oldest posts on this board they all start on 07/11/13

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

The biggest loss was my review of the Rockers vs Rose/Somers cage match. 

"It was great and there was lots of blood".

There, I've brought it back for you.

I think I had an account here in 04, but never really used it since I was kind of new using message boards at the time and people here and everywhere scared me. I ended up mostly on Smarkschoice and SSS until a year or two before the last big switch/change for the board.