RIPPA

Per PWI

Dark Match: Tucker Knight def. Patrick Clark 

Week 1

- The Authors of Pain won a squash

- Carmella def. Tessa Blanchard 

- TM61 def. Blake and Murphy 

- Andrade Cien Almas def. Tye Dillinger 

- Finn Balor comes out and discusses the wars he's been in during his time in NXT. He then wonders what's next for him.  Shinsuke Nakamura comes out. He calls Finn an icon. Nakamura. Nakamura says that in order to be champion he needs to beat an icon. Finn agrees to a match with Nakamura.

Per WON

- Dark Match: Tucker Knight beat Patrick Clark

- The Authors Of Pain (w/Paul Ellering) beat Sean Swags and CJ O’Doyle (enhancement talents)

- Carmella beat Tessa Blanchard

Crowd booed Blanchard on the way to the ring. Carmella used her leglock submission for the win

- TM61 beat Blake and Murphy

Blake and Murphy gave it one more chance to be a team. Loud "Where's Alexa?" chants. Miscommunication late in the match allowed TM61 to hit their double spinebuster for the win.

- Andrade Cien Almas beat Tye Dillinger

This TakeOver rematch had a better pace. Sharp snap rana by Almas and the running knees got him the win.

- An in-ring promo with Finn Balor was interrupted by Shinsuke Nakamura. They challenge each other for a future match. Amazing segment with some heartfelt mic work by Finn and some unreal crowd reaction for the confrontation.

Didn't know that.  Odd that Bliss went heel on them and instead of becoming a babyface team, one's going to turn heel on the other?

They haven't even officially split yet and I already feel like they've already been passed by.  Just too much talent for them to really shine, both in NXT and on the main roster.  Neither guy is a super worker, and they're not especially great talkers or charismatic personalities.  I kinda assumed they'd be kept together and BAMF would be called up as a unit.  Alexa seemed to be the personality of the group.

Solid stuff this week.  Thought that was the best BAMF match in forever, and TM61 looked better here than they did against Ciampa/Gargano.  Thought this Dillenger/Sombra match was superior to Takeover, too.  Just a good, intense fight between those two.  HYPED for Nakamura vs Finn.

I don't think Cien Almas is going to succeed until they turn him heel and add some personality or edge to whatever his gimmick is.  Right now, he's just bland babyface with no personality which unfortunately isn't going to get him over.

Someone needs to tell Graves that Lord Humongous is the Master and the Ruler of the World, and as such, he cares not for anyone's petty, insignificant clotheslines.

• Like 1

Was the opening squash the first tag match ever where none of the four guys had a name? That was some super awkward commentary.

Finn/Nak sounds great, but I still hope Finn goes main roster soon. He's in the same place Neville was where he really has done everything he can do in NXT. Plus if he joined The Club, he could be a proper heel and the Shinsuke match would be all the better for it.

In a perfect world, Bayley would be in that same spot too, but Raw's back to one 5-minute segment a week for the women, so hopefully she can get a fresh feud going in NXT.

Blake and Murphy are toast. Murphy's a decent enough hand that he might get to stick around as a JTTS, but I bet Blake isn't with the company this time next year.

I'd really like to see a double turn with Dillinger and Almas.

Graves creating out of whole cloth the narrative that the Aussies in the match were decedents of a post apoc Australia (and that their families were rivals) was fantastic.

I hope Shane Thorne totally adopts this as his background.

• Like 3

I got a huge kick out Graves pointing out the too-wacky-to-be-true misfortunes of Blake and/or Murhpy.  Heenan would be proud to hear the gems that Graves has been saying.  It's that wacky commentary you can't help but love.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

What is the AoP using as its finisher?  Neither one of those guys looks streamlined enough to deliver the flying clothesline part of the Doomsday Device.

One guy was eliminated with a kick/sideslam combo that looked good, but they also used a generic clothesline/russian leg sweep on the other guy for pin. Hopefully they use the first one more.

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

wasn't the russian legsweep/clothesline combo the Bashams finish? maybe  with a name like Authors of Pain they're into BDSM too, and that's some continuation in WWE history.

They may not necessarily be into BDSM, as much as writing BDSM novels for bored, horny housewives. 

• Like 5

I totally meant to put over the commentary.  The stuff in the TM61 match was the most genuinely funny, and natural sounding WWE commentary in years.  Tom seemed legitimately cracked up by the insane story Graves was telling. Reminded me of some shit me and @Stuttsy would do.

On 6/15/2016 at 7:06 PM, Josh Mann said:

Finn: "So what's next for Finn Balor?"

*lights out*

Me: "TNA?"

WE ALL KNOW WHO THIS IS! FUNN BALROG IS IN THE IMPACT ZONE!!!

• Like 1

In other news, Cien Almas is Apollo Crews 2.0 for me thus far. Athletic sure, but about as interesting as a glass of milk. Meanwhile, I'm all in on Tye. He is over and he got himself there.

• Like 2

They need to get Andrande as far away from Tye as possible.  How can you debut the guy as a face against somebody that the crowd loves and roots for?  It wasn't the best idea for Takeover and certainly isn't the case now.  At least if he came in as a cocky heel it'd make more sense.  For the next tapings I'd just turn the guy and go from there.  They should have turned Apollo also, but they're still banking on him being their chosen one down the line.

• Like 1