Smackdown Spoilers for 6/9/16

victor

Main Event Spoilers:

Dolph Ziggler did guest commentary

* Sheamus defeated Zack Ryder

* Titus O'Neil defeated Viktor

* WWE United States Champion Rusev defeated Sin Cara

Smackdown Spoilers for 6/9/10:

* AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson open SmackDown with a promo on how they will all win at Money In the Bank. Enzo Amore and Big Cass interrupt, calling them "SAWFT" for a big reaction. Gallows made fun of Enzo for being a former manager at Hooters. Enzo said The Club has been champions on every continent but Antarctica. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day made their way to ringside for commentary

Enzo and Cass vs. Gallows and Anderson ended after interference from both The Vaudevillains and The New Day. All four teams brawled

* Renee Young interviewed Rusev backstage. He said he was greater than Muhammad Ali. Titus O'Neil interrupted and said he would beat Rusev at Money In the Bank

* Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio defeated Cesaro and Sami Zayn. Zayn and Owens disappeared for part of the match and fought to the backstage area before returning. When Owen s came back, he attacked his partner and then pinned Cesaro

* Becky Lynch defeated Dana Brooke by submission

* A promo airs with Bob Backlund and Darren Young. Bob tells Darren he saves money by only wearing one pair of clothes, down to his tighty-whities

* Baron Corbin defeated Kalisto with End of Days. Dolph Ziggler was on commentary

* Backstage segment with Sheamus and Apollo Crews. Sheamus makes fun of Crews but Crews punches Sheamus, sending him into a bunch of objects

* Chris Jericho defeated Dean Ambrose with a Codebreaker. After the match, Ambrose attacked Jericho with a ladder to end SmackDown

knocking Ali, talk about cheap heat.

• Like 1

Ambrose jobbing to Jericho two weeks after winning the feud ending gimmick match with him is a primary example of why I don't give a single shit about anything that happens in WWE.

• Like 2

Remember in the 80s how Hogan never wrestled on TV? He was always positioned as the biggest star, but you had to buy a PPV (or a ticket to a house show) to actually see what the fuss was about? I think they've decided to go back to that for some reason.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (BP) said:

They said something about Ali having big fights and Reigns/Rollins having a big fight feel. 

24 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That's a far cry from saying Reigns = Ali.

Ok, I stand corrected.  I thought they made a more direct comparison.  I didn't watch the show closely, though, and was answering email or something when that came up.

Also, I really loathe this version of the board (software).

Edited by RIPPA

1 hour ago, jstout said:

Glad to see Ambrose being used to put over a young up-and-comer like Chris Jericho. Build that next generation of stars, I say!

Gotta keep Jericho looking strong for that next Fozzy tour.

• Like 2

If they're going to keep putting over Jericho, then I'd at least like to see him have one last World Title program. I know many here would be opposed to that, but he's still good in the ring and I like his current character. He's basically aping KO's material, but it's still good. Only reason why I think they won't put Jericho against Roman is that Jericho would just torch Roman on the mic.

• Like 2

I like Jericho and the latest heel turn has been fun or re-energized his character, so I'm fine with the 2016 push.  I'd prefer to watch Jericho over 95% of the roster, basically. 

At the same time, pushing a 45-year-old guy who is talking about retirement and is one Fozzie tour away from disappearing for months as one of your top heels highlights the ongoing problem this company has getting new talent over.

But, yeah, if they're going to push him this strongly, give him one last title run - after the brand split, if nothing else.

• Like 2

Enzo/Cass were king-sized when doing some verbal sparring against The Club.  I'd be curious to see how them interacting with the top stars would be like, and this was an encouraging indication.

I thought Jericho/Ambrose was decent. My main problem with the finish was that Ambrose just laid him out and stood tall to end the show anyway so he just should have won.

The best stuff on the show to me was when Del Rio and Cesaro were going at it in that tag match. I wouldn't mind a PPV match between the two.

Jericho's been bringing it since his heel turn and I actually wouldn't mind if he won the briefcase, especially if he then goes on tour with Fozzy so we don't see it carted around all the time. That way when he cashes it in it would really be a surprise.

• Like 1