DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

I actually paid for the PPV just to see that match.  I know TNA didn't put it up, but I sure feel like a jackass ordering the show.  But holy cow what a fun match.  So much to digest and I'm definitely watching it again.

At least I bought it under the assumption that would be their last show, but that's something to discuss in the show thread.

• Like 1

Because it's Matt Hardy, THIS. MUST. BE. DOCUMENTED!

- Great entrance by the Hardys.  I loved that Reby worked Live for the Moment into the beginning of the piano stuff.

- The drawback to the impact zone having so few people on one side is that the Hardys logically play to the crowd, but that requires them turning their back on the camera..

- So, I'm assuming Jeff Hardy's reincarnation after the bath was Jimmy Jack Tompkins?  Also, if he had said "MY EYES!  THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING" when Rosemary misted him when the glasses were down, he would be automatically in every hall of fame.  the Observer Hall of Fame, the baseball Hall of Fame, the Cleveland Style Polka Hall of Fame....

- The trucker admits that Decay sodomized him.

- For a second I thought we were going to have a King of the Road 2 match.

- I like that Maxel was keeping his eye on the downed Crazzy Steve when he came in the ring, he knows the score, you don't take your eyes of a motherfucker.

• Like 1

There is not enough love for the Hardyz bringing water from the Lake of Regeneration to ringdside or this:

eb2fefc52053cc4a-600x400.jpg

How completely fucking bonkers is it that Matt was the most over heel during his feud with Matt and now he's arguably the most over tweener / baby face after the feud with Decay?

Finally, Brother Nero sees the truth.  Before he could become whole, he needed to be #BROKEN.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

30 minutes was WAY too fucking long for that - mainly because there was far to much attempting of the actual wrestling

I think I'm experiencing same gimmick drag that I did when Finn Balor came to the ring as the Demon for the seventh or eighth time.

I am to the point were I'd like the Hardyz title defense to be an actual wrestling match although I'd be lying if I said that I'd be happy without interference from Vanguard One.. 

Delete vs, Decay shouldn't have been given away on free television, because it makes The Great War blow off match feel like it happened too soon.

3 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Because it's Matt Hardy, THIS. MUST. BE. DOCUMENTED!

Hide contents

- So, I'm assuming Jeff Hardy's reincarnation after the bath was Jimmy Jack Tompkins?  

Itchweeed (Yes, with 3 e's). A character from the old Hardy Show videos.

I think I've reached the point of diminishing returns with Broken Matt.  Final Deletion was great, Delete or Decay was good but not quite as much fun, and the Great War was kind of meh.  Like Rippa said, 30 minutes was way too long, and there was too much wrestling, not enough batshit crazy shenanigans.  Vanguard 1's run-in was the highlight.  (Would Vanguard 1 be eligible for the Observer Rookie of the Year? Hmmm...)

Matt Hardy is in "Season 5 of a popular sitcom" mode right now. He hasn't jumped the shark yet but a lot of the novelty has worn off and now he's enjoying the height of his popularity, but if he's not careful things might start to get stale or comfortable.

• Like 2

I kind of wonder if that's not the end game of this story, that the Hardys become obsolete and are deleted as a way to "retire" and end their careers, of course this being wrestling that will last only for so long and they'll be having matches against the rock n roll express in gyms in north carolina in less than a year or retirement, or they become the Hardy Boys Version 2.0 when they come back.

I'm not getting that "jump the shark" feeling yet seeing this.  I'm still highly entertained by it all.  I'll admit the wrestling part of the Great War dragged, but I'd be down with them doing matches solely outside the ring (as it should be)  As far as not having much material, I'm not so sure about that.  In-ring, sure you can make a case.  But we all know the wacky videos they film are where the good stuff is.  And if they're looking at a feature film then there's gold to be found there.  So I'm not worrying much about this.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be on here some time back but forgot my user details, drugs will do that to you. Anyhow I was trying to cobble together a compilation video of the whole "Broken Hardy" storyline to date. Stuff on youtube is not the best quality. I did not have Pop TV when the whole storlyine began. I have recorded some since I got the channel. My copy of the PPV match had a glitch at a big spot in the match and another time Pop TV froze up right before the finish to the match.

Rather than re-inventing the wheel and cobbling together youtube clips, has anyone seen a comp video that anyone has made or posted anyplace? Thanks.

TNA would be insane not to do a compilation of all that happened.  But it's TNA so insane is a safe bet with them.  Maybe with things still going on they're waiting to do a comp?  Maybe when it finishes (the characters or TNA, whichever's first) then we'll see a compilation.

• Like 1