DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

On 05/06/2016 at 5:43 AM, RIPPA said:

During Brock's last contract negotiation with WWE - he was holding them up for money (like he always does) so one of the compromises was that they put in an option that allowed him to take one fight before Wrestlemania next year.

I am assuming this means he is out of Summerslam since I doubt Brock is gonna wanna fight and then flip back to wrestling less than a month later but who knows

EDIT - I just saw the WWE release claiming he will be at Summerslam so clearly ignore me

I've seen it suggested that Brock might get a medical suspension as a result of the UFC fight that would keep him from wrestling at Summerslam.

That makes no sense. A medical suspension from MMA competition wouldn't prevent Brock from competing at Summerslam. Not only that, but Brock said on SportsCenter that he'll be wrestling at Summerslam.

Bix was the person I saw bring up the NY State Commission thing. Don't know if that is who SKOS saw or someone else throwing it out there

4 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

...and the 45 people in attendance went wild. 

I thought we were finally getting away from all that shitty early to late 2000's death match shit with guys almost dying in Piggly Wiggly parking lots for $25 after a light tube sliced open an artery on an arm.

• Like 2

Looks like the WWE has decided their will only be 6 folks in the MITB since the changed the graphic

20160606_MITB_Match_Qualifying_six_2--62

Of course they could change their mind again because supposedly (RAW spoiler)

Spoiler

Bray Wyatt is supposed to return tonight and could get inserted into the match

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Looks like the WWE has decided their will only be 6 folks in the MITB since the changed the graphic

20160606_MITB_Match_Qualifying_six_2--62

Of course they could change their mind again because supposedly (RAW spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Bray Wyatt is supposed to return tonight and could get inserted into the match

I'll spoiler mine too:

Spoiler

And Bray posted that picture on Twitter, basically saying he was returning in NOLA with the ladder in the picture. That was a cool picture too.

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

I thought we were finally getting away from all that shitty early to late 2000's death match shit with guys almost dying in Piggly Wiggly parking lots for $25 after a light tube sliced open an artery on an arm.

Nope, still there, what really disheartens me is that there are guys with genuine talent out there doing it, particularly in CZW and IWA MS, like John Wayne Murdoch, Danny Havoc, Reed Bentley and the most surprising of all to me Tim Donst.  Donst was great in a non-DM environment in Chikara and it's really bizarre that he is in Tournament of Death next week.  Even more bizarre than UltraMantis Black doing a death match.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Torch is reporting that Tommy End is coming to Titan.

Welcome to yesterday and the NXT and UK threads :-P

• Like 1

I have a really hard time to trying to wrap my head around the idea of Tim Donst doing death matches. I feel like he's someone that should have been a lot bigger in wrestling than he is. I definitely could have seen him doing well in ROH and PWG. I gotta think at some point he'll be back in Chikara. I think he'd fit in well in nxt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I thought we were finally getting away from all that shitty early to late 2000's death match shit with guys almost dying in Acme parking lots for $25 after a light tube sliced open an artery on an arm.

ftfy 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I thought we were finally getting away from all that shitty early to late 2000's death match shit with guys almost dying in Acme parking lots for $25 after a light tube sliced open an artery on an arm.

ftfy 

Knowing what I know about indies, $25 is being very kind.