DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

Right, but in a tornado tag you can't do that even if your partner were on the apron by the corner, correct? And my understanding is there's no other way to hit tag finishers. The corner set-up is fine but a little restricting. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I tried a fair bit of button mashing and it's a pain in the ass.  I didn't have the body part weakened enough so I'll try again after doing that first.  But for those that use the rotating right stick option, has that improved at all from last year?  

1 hour ago, NickMD said:

Yeah, I tried a fair bit of button mashing and it's a pain in the ass.  I didn't have the body part weakened enough so I'll try again after doing that first.  But for those that use the rotating right stick option, has that improved at all from last year?  

Yeah, it seems to be more responsive and logical this year than last year's mess.

• Like 1

Yup, I'm learning that.  Just attacked Zayn after a match and beat the fuck out of him with a chair.  Rematch called, and I did it again. 

I do enjoy that it lets you continue the beatdown after the match - I got another three or four shots in before the game finally called it.

21 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

There's a patch currently being approved.  Pleasant surprise.

Thank goodness, didn't feel like waiting until the DLC to get them.

Trying my hand in career mode, and I guess I somehow skipped NXT.  I did get the MyCareer boost pack so maybe that's why, but if it led to me starting on SD then that's cool with me.  I think I'll do this and time permitting I'll do another file where I truly work my way up.  As far as cutting promos though, they stress that promos work for certain towns or demographics.  So before starting a show will there be some kind of indicator to that or are you going in blind trying to figure it out?

Universe mode is pissing me off again. I'm still setting it up and it REFUSES to let me remove Smackdown. Raw is gone and my two shows are added and set up to "host" the PPV but every time I try and dump Smackdown it says I have to keep one "major show" on the schedule.

20 hours ago, Ramsey said:

Universe mode is pissing me off again. I'm still setting it up and it REFUSES to let me remove Smackdown. Raw is gone and my two shows are added and set up to "host" the PPV but every time I try and dump Smackdown it says I have to keep one "major show" on the schedule.

That's because you've dumped RAW, even the game is coded for RAW to be better than Smackdown ;  ).

I'm sorry the game is pissed you off.

I didn't look up wrestler moves before playing since I thought it would be more fun that way. So my first match with Asuka probably had an inappropriate amount of giggling for an adult as I kept kicking Stephanie in the head in different ways that I didn't even know where an option. Then after the match I had a charged finisher (I didn't know what that was) and choked her out just for good measure. Good times. Game looks good to me so far but I haven't dove into the moves, since its my first WWE game in a a few years I figured I should get used to the controls first. Reversal thing is taking getting used to.