DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

Which is fine but I still don't get why it can't be more on these current generation systems. I'll probably have a save for modern day and one for classic eras. If there are good enough CAWs, hopefully one for Mexico and Japan.

This is my first time ordering a game through Amazon.  Considering it comes out Tuesday, for those that get it through Amazon does it generally arrive that day?  Have you had issues where it was a couple days late?  Just curious because after work Tuesday I'm expecting it there for me to play.

6 minutes ago, NickMD said:

This is my first time ordering a game through Amazon.  Considering it comes out Tuesday, for those that get it through Amazon does it generally arrive that day?  Have you had issues where it was a couple days late?  Just curious because after work Tuesday I'm expecting it there for me to play.

It's been a long time since I've gotten a preorder off Amazon (and I'm getting the PS4 NXT Edition off of it too, so I'm in the same boat).  If I recall, the last one I got was there the day of release, so we should get it Tuesday.

• Like 1

Just know that I know several people who have gotten dicked on Amazon pre-orders where they don't SHIP the game until the release day.

Not saying that it will happen to either of you. I just know that has happened to people.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with Amazon's release-day shipping, and I use it a lot.  I have a busy-ass work schedule and weird hours so I'd rather have the shit come to my house than have to go deal with Gamestop or something.  I ordered the standard, not NXT though, and usually don't deal with special editions - I've only done that once, and not only was that okay, I ended up with double the DLC codes, which was cool(it was the Saints Row: The Third one with the headset).  

What sucks is it might be coming later in the day and there's a gigantic-ass day 1 patch that won't start downloading until we put in our physical copies, which is a pain in the ass (it actually adds in some features like being able to assign promos in universe mode)

I'm tracking the package and it says delivery date pending.  Hoping that updates pretty soon.  I'm not what one calls a patient guy, so I'd be half tempted to just buy a copy at the store.  Maybe I can convince my friend to buy it cheaper after I get the Amazon bundle.

Also doesn't help that this is the most anticipated I've been for a WWE game since they went to current gen consoles.

Just got a mail from Amazon, actually:

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"WWE 2K17 NXT Edition - PlayStation 4"
    Estimated arrival date: October 11, 2016

This may be an Amazon Prime-only thing, though. 

• Like 1

I think in the 'old days' it was harder for them to always guarantee it since they had less warehouses, but now as long they ship on Monday it should be able to reach anyone's home on Tuesday. I haven't had any issues in awhile with getting the game on release day. My Gears of War pre-order still shows as not shipped but is scheduled for tomorrow, for example, which I don't think will be a problem.

10 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

It took me way too long to realize that Paul E was calling Brock the "nightmare" of Suplex City in the 2k17 commercial, not "night mayor."  I spent way too much time wondering who was the mayor during the day.  

I thought it was "The 9th Mayor" of Suplex City at first, so I wondered who the prior 8 were.  I mean probably Taz was in there someplace.  Iron Sheik had a sweet side salto suplex back in the day, so maybe.

I hear Jeff Cobb may give him a run for the 10th mayor spot in '17.

Does Gordon Solie call it Suplay City?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

It took me way too long to realize that Paul E was calling Brock the "nightmare" of Suplex City in the 2k17 commercial, not "night mayor."  I spent way too much time wondering who was the mayor during the day.  

I think it is Night Mayor. One of the Raw threads a couple months ago had discussion of times Heyman has used the term throughout the years.