DVDVR Message Board

Raw is... Ah hell Game 7 is on who cares

Dolfan in NYC

I prefer AJ as a heel, but AJ was hugely over.  Feel like Vince is burning money blowing off everything they set up with Roman-AJ just to feed the Club to Cena.

As surprises go, I woulda preferred to see Samoa Joe run out to choke Cena out.

didn't actually watch the show except for a bit of AJ.

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Dana Brooke's ringgear is terrible, btw. 

(As is her wrestling)

When Emma got injured, Dana should have been sent back to nxt and her main roster debut retconned out of existence. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When Emma got injured, Dana should have been sent back to nxt and her main roster debut retconned out of existence. 

Pretty much. The finish to that match was terrible. It took her longer to hit her finisher than it takes Apollo Crews to hit his.

Speaking of Crews, Big Show made him look like he was a 5 feet tall runt. The camera angle did him no favors. 

Ziggler blatantly ripping off Jericho's promo was really fucking gross. I've heard other stand up guys say he isn't good at stand up, so he steals material and fucks that up too. Never thought I'd see someone on Raw steal from such a popular promo.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig H said:

Ziggler blatantly ripping off Jericho's promo was really fucking gross. I've heard other stand up guys say he isn't good at stand up, so he steals material and fucks that up too. Never thought I'd see someone on Raw steal from such a popular promo.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that thought that. I thought it was going to lead to Jericho running in and kicking the shit out of Dolph, but instead it led to nothing. Then Dolph went and ripped off Rick Steiner. I thought maybe Dolph's new gimmick is he's doing the Charlie Haas "parody other wrestlers" thing, but that'd require him to be interesting or charismatic.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The problem is the Women's division is short on heels outside Charlotte.  Dana has to stay by default.

Let's examine this, shall we?  Even with Emma's injury, for the heels we have Charlotte, Naomi, Tamina, Alicia Fox, Summer Rae, and Rosa Mendes. You could even throw in Lana and Maryse, bringing us to a total of 8 without Dana Brooke.  The faces have Sasha, Becky Lynch, Paige, and Natalya.  Let's go ahead and say Nikki Bella makes a miraculous recovery, and we bring that number to 5 faces.

8 vs. 5.  Not exactly sure how one looks at those numbers and thinks "By default, I need to add another to the side that has 8 to address this imbalance!", but there you go.

5 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Dolph did give credit to Jericho. That's how he went into it.

Did he? I'll admit, I probably tuned out Ziggler until I heard him mention Dean Malenko and then go into the bit.

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Dolph learned from Denis Leary.

• Like 6

Just now, Craig H said:

Did he? I'll admit, I probably tuned out Ziggler until I heard him mention Dean Malenko and then go into the bit.

Yeah he mentioned Malenko then mentioned Jericho saying he had 1,004 holds and you could see the promo on the WWE Network.

I thought this whole thing was stupid up until the payoff because it turned out Dolph was just pretending to be a stupid babyface who cares about technical wrestling over beating someone up. A rare time where a WWE babyface actually outsmarted someone.

Tamina is hurt.  Naomi is just coming back from injury, but will be gone to do a movie.  Alicia is on a milk carton.  Rosa is on maternity leave. Maryse has shown no inclination toward wrestling again.  Lana is still training and not wrestling on TV right now.