DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

I look at NXT as to what ECW was supposed to be. A great venue to grow the youngsters and still have some top solid names to carry the brand. A fantastic spot to cycle acts out of RAW and Smackdown to keep them fresh... 

If they put any thought into this... the WWE could easily have their own mini territory system set up. Would keep rivalries fresh.

33 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I'm still curious what the original plans were. THey were apparently leaked, but I never found them.

It's the one that has been out about the top names

RAW: The Shield guys

Smackdown: Cena, AJ, Orton

Cena with his reduced schedule and virtually not working domestic house shows anymore is the Wild Card now

Edit - I guess Roman's suspension could have mucked up the plans for him but who knows

31 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I can't think of any in story reason why Smackdown wouldn't take one of the 3 guys in the WWE title match with their first pick.

Easy

1st pick: Steph picks Rollins. Shane considers Ambrose, but ultimately goes with the top moneymaker John Cena

2nd pick: Foley convinces Steph to take Ambrose. Shane goes for either AJ or Orton. Steph takes Roman with her supplemental.

What would the storyline reason be for NOT selecting a guy like Samoa Joe or Nakamura?  They should have at least explained it away (like with the NFL draft expansion rules) that Regal/NXT could protect some guys from being drafted. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to not take them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I'm still curious what the original plans were. THey were apparently leaked, but I never found them.

You can probably find the original plans in a garbage can somewhere on crumpled cocktail napkins along with cut straws with coke residue still in them. 

25 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What would the storyline reason be for NOT selecting a guy like Samoa Joe or Nakamura?  They should have at least explained it away (like with the NFL draft expansion rules) that Regal/NXT could protect some guys from being drafted. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to not take them. 

Well you could easily say that current NXT champs are not eligible to be drafted

That protects Joe, Asuka and Revival

The only thing I can think of for Nakamura is that they claim somehow that he is in the Main Event of their biggest show of the year (Brooklyn) and thus isn't available until after that.

If Shane takes Cena and doesn't get any of the Shield guys doesn't his talk about being about the new talent and fresh young guys come off as lies. I mean it'll be a bad look for him but I'm sure I just put more thought into that than WWE

5 minutes ago, Sublime said:

If Shane takes Cena and doesn't get any of the Shield guys doesn't his talk about being about the new talent and fresh young guys come off as lies. I mean it'll be a bad look for him but I'm sure I just put more thought into that than WWE

Depends on how the rest of the draft plays out. If he ends up with Styles, Cesaro, Zayn, Nakamura, and Aries, for instance, he's money.

18 minutes ago, Sublime said:

No.  Being about the young guys would mean NXT and the recent callups.  The Shield are roster veterans.

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Renee pretty much confirmed that the women will be split up but then Graves chimed in with something about will there be a new title. I don't think they'd create a second women's title again but crazier things have happened.

Good and bad.  Good in that it means they should get more overall time and bad that the division may not be deep enough to withstand this.