DVDVR Message Board

Game Horrors You Don't Ever Want To Put Yourself Through Ever Again.

J.T.

19 hours ago, Robert C said:

Speaking of button mashing, I don't ever again want to do a 5 mile race in GTA online where we don't realize it's set for bicycles till it's too late.

You haven't lived until you've got a lobby full of people for Grand Tour, or Congestion Charge and then set it on utility.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

You haven't lived until you've got a lobby full of people for Grand Tour, or Congestion Charge and then set it on utility.

Having a full lobby for Grand Tour set for GTA Race with Wanted Levels turned On.  Jesus, that sucked.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2016 at 4:57 PM, El Dragon said:

It still confuses me how so many people have problems flying in GTAV. Such a smooth animation that is easy to handle. Helicopters on the other hand...

Yeah, I mean, flying a plane in GTA 5 has always been easy for me, come on.

I just threw all those races 'cause I felt sorry for you guys.

I actually landed the plane in Titan of a Job for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago. My teammate got killed and it was up to me. I came in all wrong and just basically landed on the yellow mark and it ended the mission. If it hadn't, I would've hit that hangar about two seconds later.

Seriously? I've never messed up that landing.

I landed in a rally race once where everyone else only spoke... Polish I think? It wasn't German, French, Spanish, Cantonese or Japanese anyway (not that I speak all of those language exactly. I can swear in most of them though). And the thing with rally races is, if you press left or right on the D-Pad, they can see it. But if you press up you just bring up your phone, and if you press down you zoom the map out. So it's hard to tell someone to make a U-Turn because we missed a checkpoint.

On the other hand, there's two PS3s and two tellies in the house now. So if I do rally races with Xav, we can just bring his set-up downstairs and make sure we're teammates, and whoever's driving just looks at the passenger's screen. Sorted.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

Chrono Trigger.  Fuck you, Lavos... Fuck you...

Lavos wasn't so bad as long as you were on a decent level and not dumb enough to challenge him in the damn future where he was strongest.

10 hours ago, Robert C said:

Cazadors.  Fuck Cazadors.

I still don't know how those giant versions somehow managed to develop fucking ninja skills in Honest Hearts. Regular cazadors didn't bother, but those motherfuckers...

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Lavos wasn't so bad as long as you were on a decent level and not dumb enough to challenge him in the damn future where he was strongest.

Fuck that shit, I did the Future, *AFTER* I went through the entire Black Omen!  

The flying school on GTA SA was made doubly worse by the fact that Young Turks by Rod Stewart would be playing on the radio everytime I attempted it. I like that song but now whenever I hear it all I can think of is flying planes

16 hours ago, AxB said:

Seriously? I've never messed up that landing.

I think we've long established in the GTA thread that you, sir, are indeed a GTA Badass and I am unworthy to have even begun to play the game because I can't frickin' land an airplane or finish first in every race or kill 200 players with one rocket shot. Some of us are mere mortals.

Actually RPG kills are the one stat I don't have much of. When everyone else was playing Rockets vs Insurgents for 8 hours non-stop, I was mostly off saving the galaxy.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Saints Row thread just reminded me

Having to chase down the fucking 18 wheeler in SR2

You must've been so traumatized that you forgot what game that happens in.

If you're thinking of the last Westside Rollerz mission where you have to kill Joseph Price, that happens in the first game.

This guy makes it look easy.  It's not.

He does kinda sorta cheat because he stashes a car nearby that is probably modded so that it is a lot faster and sturdier than the Bootlegger that spawns as the default chase vehicle.

He's also using the Platinum T3K Urban which has the highest damage value and ROF of any weapon you can use for drive-bys.

Yeah - that one.

I don't know why I said 2

I think I must have had to do that mission like 50 times

And I call major bullshit on that video since the one car is already on fucking fire before he gets there

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think I must have had to do that mission like 50 times

I got it done in two tries.  I failed the first time because I glitch hopped over the freeway and lost track of Price.

I riced the shit out of the Zircon that you get for free in the second Rollerz mission to use as my chase car.  Fast, durable, and more importantly it was a four-door so I could take more than one homie with me.  I think I had two homie slots when it was time to do this mission.

The mission was a lot easier when you had homies covering your ass so you could focus on blowing up the whips on Price's Goliath.

Also helped that I went to piss off some cops so that my homies were packing Tombstones instead of shitty Vice 9s.  Shotguns made short work of Rollerz pursuit cars.

I also knocked out the Airport Hitman List to unlock the Plat T3K Urban to use as my drive by gun.

The drinking mini-game in Watch Dogs to get a platinum.  That took forever.

There was a mission in GTA3 I think where you had to get 3 cars to a warehouse without them being damaged in a certain amount of time.  Every single time I was on the last car some random NPC would come from nowhere and hit me.  By then I didn't have the time to get the car repaired and get to the warehouse.  So infuriating. 

• Like 3

Saints Row The Third, Pimps Up Hoes Down.

As amusing as I find Zemos and listing to him call me a fucking philistine through his auto-tuning voice box, clearing out a Stronghold naked while tripping balls thus turning my aim to utter shit was not my idea of fun.

4 hours ago, roofiethebutcher said:

The drinking mini-game in Watch Dogs to get a platinum.  That took forever.

There was a mission in GTA3 I think where you had to get 3 cars to a warehouse without them being damaged in a certain amount of time.  Every single time I was on the last car some random NPC would come from nowhere and hit me.  By then I didn't have the time to get the car repaired and get to the warehouse.  So infuriating. 

I forgot about that one.  That shit was terrible.