DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules VIII

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, Casey said:

Fuck yeah, Seth Rollins is back. And that's a badass t-shirt, I'm buying it as soon as it's on WWEShop.

Rest of the show was whatever, the rumor of Rollins returning was the only reason I even turned on the Network tonight. So, I'm happy.

Here you go 

That main was crazy. AJ and Reigns gel so good. I don't think they have a bad match between them. I still need to watch the 4 way as I had to make a store run. If it is as good as everyone says then this show was pretty great. 

• Like 1

I actually really enjoyed the cage match.  Mostly for the facial expressions Jericho made when he would get hit with the weapons and for him trying to go out the door.  He sold it the way you want feud ending cage matches to be sold.  Like he knew the babyface was gonna fuck his shit up and he didn't want to be there at all.

2 minutes ago, Suicane75 said:

I have a feeling I'm going to be in the minority regarding the cage match but I thought it was awesome. AJ made me cringe over and over and I actually felt bad for enjoying that.

I think it did better once it stopped just skipping along from spot to spot to spot and got to the end sequence. 

The last 5 minutes at the very least pulled it up from being a bomb. 

If they had someone actually funny on commentary they would have said "Hell of a start" to the IC match. 

The finish off the cage match was good but my god that could have been ten minutes shorter. Did they really need to use every single thing up there?

2 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

If they had someone actually funny on commentary they would have said "Hell of a start" to the IC match. 

The finish off the cage match was good but my god that could have been ten minutes shorter. Did they really need to use every single thing up there?

The funny part is that until Jericho reused the 2x4 they were treating the weapons like one of those Acclaim games where you use a weapon a few times and it just vanishes

• Like 18

I thought that it was interesting that they had Jericho/Ambrose in an Iron-Man cage match to blow off that feud.

...or did I just imagine that the match went a whole hour?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

They didn't use Son of Mitch. I thought for sure that would figure into the finish. If we are going to give AJ Styles credit for bumping like a madman, then Chris Jericho deserves loads of credit for taking that bump on the thumbtacks. The dude is a part-time wrestler in his mid-40s. He didn't have to take it. He went down on the tacks hard too. 

• Like 4

Alvarez said that a segment got cut and Jericho/Ambrose had to fill an extra 10 minutes. So that may not have been their fault for the never-ending match. I respect Jericho for taking one for the team there at the finish. That had to suck.

42 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

I think it did better once it stopped just skipping along from spot to spot to spot and got to the end sequence. 

The last 5 minutes at the very least pulled it up from being a bomb. 

Eh, I thought it had the feel of an old school blood feud blow off. Except, ya know, over a plant.

• Like 1

IC Title Four Way and the Main Event were excellent aside from the forced Super Cena finish.

Bless her heart but Nattie does a lot of stuff at 1/4 speed that may look fine when she's wrestling a model but comes off weak against an athlete the caliber of Charlotte. The next step for women's wrestling is to get more great athletes in there. I don't mind Dana being put with Charlotte given how long Emma is probably out. Not a good sign for Ric, though.

Jericho putting over Ambrose again makes me think we're headed to the Shield 3 Way at SummerSlam.

47 minutes ago, Stevie Ray Von Erich said:

The amount of hate Rollins gets here has always been huge and surprising. Like, y'all were hating on Tyler Black when he was still a Jimmy Jacobs lackey.

Yeah, you're right, he has sucked for a long time.

• Like 3