DVDVR Message Board

King of Indies 2001 - a thing I done found

An awesome thing I done found in my piles of shit that I'm cleaning out. Signed by everyone but Bison Smith - may he rest in peace - and Tony Jones. So basically this has Am Drag, Spanky, Styles, Doug Williams, and Samoa Joe. I guess I should frame it and then my friends will laugh at me. 

ipw8ht.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

That's a sweet piece of memorabilia. That lineup was straight ridiculous. APW shows from that era are some of the best shows I have ever been to in 30 years of going to shows.

On a one year stretch of shows from King of the Indies 2000 to 2001, if you went to all of them, you saw Mike Modest, Donovan Morgan, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Cheerleader Melissa, Bryan Danielson, Brian Kendrick, Samoa Joe, Bison Smith, Barry Horowitz, Nova, John Cena, Dr. Luther, Adam Pearce, Rocky Romero, Doug Williams, Super Dragon, Low Ki, and AJ Styles.

Also way too much of The Great Khali, but it was worth it!

Yeah, that is also signed by Super Dragon, Low Ki, Jardi Frantz, Donovan Morgan, Scoot Andrews, Christopher Daniels.

APW booked Khali ridiculously well so I never minded much. 

• 2 weeks later...

Roland claimed he lost $10-15K on the show. It might be literal truth (especially with him flying in Beyer, Bock, etc) but it's a bit misleading given that his shows were the best advertisement he had for the wrestling school, which was APW's true money maker.