DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Original Finishes!!!!

GodzillaPerez

5 hours ago, caley said:

So was Paige always pretty terrible or has she gotten worse?  Like I remember her stuff  in NXT against Emma and Summer Rae with fondness but am wondering if it was simply because it was compared to the main roster stuff like the half-assed AJ-Brie Bella feud.  But man, Paige was awful tonight and has been for the last little while.  She seems to work a style that is the complete antithesis to her strengths as a worker, in that she seems to be a striker who has shitty strikes, bad knees and terrible martial arts-ish kicks.  That finishing sequence where she kind of spin-kicked Nattie in the lower back with the softest kick this side of a high school play was the worst on a night of roll-ups.

She's a Total Diva now. She doesn't have to worry about wrestling skills anymore. 

I thought this was a great RAW top to bottom. it's funny, as I was watching it I was thinking how much I was enjoying it and how good of a show I thought it was, and then figured that when I came here to check the board that because I'm liking it there would be a lot of negative discussion. Every match meant something and progressed stories. Matches were set up logically and had reason. I thought Jericho's opening monologue was great and Cass showed great fire in his interruption to set up their match. Did not like three different distraction roll-up pinfalls on the same show, and I was actually looking forward to the Big Cass and Jericho match. No reason for Ambrose ripping up Jericho's jacket to be the main event. That elimination tag match was hot and the crowd was on fire for it. That should've ended the show. I think the AJ/Reigns feud is really starting to help Roman get over and those two really click well with each other. Not sure if Finn debuts at Extreme Rules or if they stretch this out further or what, but I'm digging this storyline so far.

• Like 3

It's helping Roman get over in the sense that, when the dueling chants start, the guys chant for AJ Styles, and the women chant for Roman. Other than that, I don't hear the male portion of the crowd chanting for him or reacting positively towards Roman. This isn't just hating on Roman, either - it's audible, you can tell the difference when the "AJ Styles! Roman Reigns!" stuff starts. On the other end of this, though... that backstage pretape where Roman and the Usos were chatting in the lockerroom - shower of boos. When his music hit and all three came out - shower of boos.

Oh, and I repeat what I said last week - fuck the Usos.

• Like 1

Why is it that every single power of authority role that Stephanie has ever been in have this vibe of sexual tension in it?  Well except for Heyman during Smackdown.  

Even though Enzo cuts one of the better promos on the main roster, he just feels screwed more and more watching Big Cass getting pushed.

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Why is it that every single power of authority role that Stephanie has ever been in have this vibe of sexual tension in it?  Well except for Heyman during Smackdown.  

I think this says way more about you than it does about Stephanie

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I think this says way more about you than it does about Stephanie

This is finally leading to the Steph/Shane incest storyline that Vince has wanted for oh so long. 

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Even though Enzo cuts one of the better promos on the main roster, he just feels screwed more and more watching Big Cass getting pushed.

Enzo's got more mileage as Cass's mouthpiece anyways.

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

I thought this was a great RAW top to bottom. it's funny, as I was watching it I was thinking how much I was enjoying it and how good of a show I thought it was, and then figured that when I came here to check the board that because I'm liking it there would be a lot of negative discussion. Every match meant something and progressed stories. Matches were set up logically and had reason. I thought Jericho's opening monologue was great and Cass showed great fire in his interruption to set up their match. Did not like three different distraction roll-up pinfalls on the same show, and I was actually looking forward to the Big Cass and Jericho match. No reason for Ambrose ripping up Jericho's jacket to be the main event. That elimination tag match was hot and the crowd was on fire for it. That should've ended the show. I think the AJ/Reigns feud is really starting to help Roman get over and those two really click well with each other. Not sure if Finn debuts at Extreme Rules or if they stretch this out further or what, but I'm digging this storyline so far.

I...feel exactly the same about the show. It was good.

Oh and FYI, Jericho has repeatedly claimed on his podcast that those jackets are specially designed and upwards of $5k.

The Roman/AJ stuff was really good once again. Those two have great chemistry, and AJ has been a welcome addition to the main event scene.

They would really be making a big mistake if they're thinking of having Big Cass go singles any time soon. I think he'd do about half as good as Corbin on his own. Enzo is the real charisma of that act, and he's in the ring 85% of the time in their matches.

Regarding Paige I remember randomly watching one of her matches from NXT after she debut on the MR, and coming away far more impressed by her opponent in that match. In Paige's defense her opponent was Sasha Banks working as a jobber.

What's going on with this Hawaii show? Are they in some kind of rush to run through all the dream matches left with no build? Might as well throw AJ/Balor and Joe/Reigns on there as well.

Very good episode of Raw. The Steph/Shane stuff is really well placed. It's in the background now, simmering, but still is the overarching storyline headed into the summer. I loved Steph's glare at the end. Is she happy Vince and Shane are back on the same page? Or is she jealous because she's a woman who has spent her time calling the shots only now to get shunted aside by some patriarchy?

Charlotte has gotten REALLY friggin' great as a heel. She's so obnoxious and has well-timed heat spots and crowd interaction. She's one of the best parts of the show right now. I very much love Emma revealing Dana. It was such great wrestling hokiness. "OF COURSE YOU REMEMBER... DANA BROOKE!" Emma's the best at ridiculous crap. I loved in NXT when whe and Dana engineered some half-assed sneak attack on Asuka they telegraphed the week before and Emma tried to sneak up on Asuka by wearing an all-black hoodie.

I loved the slow tease for Cass last night. I like that his character isn't afraid to go after the spotlight and I like his motivation -- his friend got hurt, so he has to wrestle for both of them now, so he's just going to push people out of the way.

The Family/The Club stuff was pretty good. I still don't care about Gallows and Anderson but I love the AJ/Roman pissing contest stuff.

The IC title stuff is really well done. Four awesome wrestlers just duking it out. Cesaro looked styling with his coffee.

• Like 2

Hopefully Dana's debut is a way to get Sasha back on tv again as Becky's partner.

Decent enough show. The distraction finishes were a bit excessive this week, but the overall direction of the show is so much better than it's been for the last couple of years. The Roman/AJ feud is really good. It's amazing how much better Roman looks when they book him to his strengths.