DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

That seems like a pretty harsh punishment for what is essentially a heated argument.  That dude was out of pocket, but that is a super bad beat if he ends up in jail for that.  Nothing about that report makes me think he had any intention to cause her harm, but you have to be able to control yourself.  

From Meltzer's show last night:

While it hasn't been publicly announced, it appears that Christian has been quietly released from his wrestling contract. It's said to have no effect on the network show. 

I'm not going to be mad/offended it people joke about his situation.  Heck, I might even find it kind of funny in a dark way.  But I just can't find humor in this.  The family is wondering how they're going to make ends meet with their kid who is still going through a lot of hardship.  And that was before all this happened.  I can see him and his wife getting into it over how they're going to do what's needed and I sympathize with them on that end.  But for it to lead to what he did it's just sad and sympathizing only goes so far once he gets to that point.

• Like 1

A rundown of everything Rose is dealing with--

* A child with severe medical needs, wife is the primary caregiver with likely little support

* Sister passed away, leaving a daughter who needs to be raised

* Good friend died (IIRC)

* Possibly sick father-in-law

* Career that leaves all the people you love to fend for themselves while you work is on a downward spiral

* Apparent substance issues

It's pretty clear Rose is at the end of his rope.  Grabbing his wife was very wrong, especially when you consider that she's dealing with even more hardship being the one at home with the son and other relatives who need attention.  I won't say he's a terrible person, but one who needs to get things under control ASAP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ace said:

From Meltzer's show last night:

While it hasn't been publicly announced, it appears that Christian has been quietly released from his wrestling contract. It's said to have no effect on the network show. 

He was on a wrestling contract? I would think they would have released him from that then out him on a Legends type contract.

It makes sense with Christian since he returned - suffered another concussion and the WWE retired him. Much like Daniel Bryan was. When the WWE was refusing to clear Bryan - he was most definitely on his wrestler contract.

That is why Christian never said he was officially retired (or at least for the longest time he didn't say it)

3 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

He was on a wrestling contract? I would think they would have released him from that then out him on a Legends type contract.

I think it's the same case like Santino that even though they're retired, they're showing their appreciation by paying them for the rest of their contract.

• Like 1

Why are they trying to make that look like Jarrett's never seeing the light of day wrestling promotion?

Is the database going on a rebellion or something?

Are we going to get vignettes and articles on the database's teenage rebellion?

Whoever shopped that poster needs to learn that people don't want to go to a show where the wrestlers look like they've been splattered with errant feces

Well, most people.  Guess it depends on what audience you're trying to attract

34 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Whoever shopped that poster needs to learn that people don't want to go to a show where the wrestlers look like they've been splattered with errant feces

I was thinking "they look like they're covered in ants" but errant feces works, too.

All the Photoshop and they didn't get rid of Sandow's double chin?

Cassandra Leppan, the wife of the indefinitely suspended Ray "Adam Rose" Leppan, was in Florida court Thursday morning asking a judge for leniency regarding her husband after his post-midnight arrest on Wednesday morning.

He faces battery and tampering with a witness charges.

The judge talked about invoking a restraining order against Ray, barring him from any contact with her. She begged the judge not to do so because she wants him back home, noting that they have a special needs child who needs both parents.

According to TMZ.com, Ray's lawyer argued that his physical actions were more passionate than violent. However, the judge noted a previous domestic violence incident that didn't get any media play in March, noting a pattern. In the end, the judge allowed Ray to return home. Bond was set for $1000, virtually ensuring Rose will be out by day's end.

Ray was ordered to get counseling from his pastor once a week until the next court date.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/adam-rose-expected-home-after-wife-asks-judge-leniency-212691?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Also why is Sandow still using his WWE name? Surely he can't keep that.

The Hurricane has been using his WWE name (and music) on the indies for years now. I still don't get how Helms hasn't been sued by WWE since it isn't like he's working totally obscure indies. Even if Helms isn't nailed on the trademark issue, he's using a WWE produced theme. 

2 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

The Hurricane has been using his WWE name (and music) on the indies for years now. I still don't get how Helms hasn't been sued by WWE since it isn't like he's working totally obscure indies. Even if Helms isn't nailed on the trademark issue, he's using a WWE produced theme. 

Well who do you sue in this case?  No one knows who the Hurricane really is?  Maybe someone can get in touch with that reporter Gregory Helms to help.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Also why is Sandow still using his WWE name? Surely he can't keep that.

Being friends with HHH has its benefits?   

Seriously though, I think this may be a perk for leaving on good terms and maybe as thanks for continually doing well with whatever nonsense he was given. 

I think y'all are reading way too much into it.

I think an Indy dude made a poster to promote an Indy event using a guys best known name

They will change it if/when they are told too