DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Samoan SWAT Team v. BULLET CLUB

30 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Pretty amazing that not even 4 months in and AJ is the focal point of the main event.  He and Reigns have great chemistry together and they have so many directions the can take this angle that hopefully they won't mess it up.

I love how after decades of constantly fucking up angles, some of you still have faith.  Pretty sure this will end the lamest way possible.  Reigns on top, Styles pinned clean, they both shake hands and Styles goes on to feud with Miz over the I-C belt.

• Like 4

Bullet Club/Roman Empire is the most compelling main event program they've booked in a long time.  I genuinely don't know where this is going.  I mean, I assume everybody resets to status quo in the end, with AJ going back to the midcard to feud with Anderson & Gallows most likely, but they've effectively sown enough doubt that I don't know it.

And thus I am actually paying attention the show during a time of year when  I'm usually not.

• Like 2

Fun main event for sure. I don't want Gallows & Anderson to turn on Styles but still think it happens eventually. I dig them together as a trio. Loved the five minutes we got of Emma/Becky. Surprised to see Emma get the win. Both are great, I love Emma's entrance and her badass heel music. Battle royal was pretty good too with a hot crowd. Plus Tyler Breeze snapped his 5 month losing streak.

Seth Rollins' return will really ratchet up things.  Ambrose still hates his guts. Reigns doesn't trust him, and they'll have the belt to fight over.  The Bullet Club will still be around.  Finn Balor will likely be around.  And Bray will be healthy, which will allow the Wyatt Family to be the wild cards in the story.

The story has legitimate intrigue and it's going to be interesting to watch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rick said:

So Flair can just bribe Charles Robinson based on some weird affection Charles may or may not have for the Flair's stretching back to their WCW days? I'm sorry I'm not buying it, I could at least accept it if little Naitch was suspended pending further inquiry or something, but the way it panned out was garbage/lazy and didn't tie up any loose ends.

So, speaking of this...when we had dirty ref Scott Armstrong, did we ever find out what the reasoning for that was? Did he have financial troubles or something? What would be the reasoning for Robinson, now all of a sudden 15 years later?

Attention: The answer to tonight's "What random thing will Dean Ambrose get knocked out by tonight?" was "a potted plant." 

The winner of tonight's "What Random thing will Dean Ambrose get knocked out by tonight?" contest was Jeffrey Corbin who guessed "some kind of animal maybe?" 

Jeffrey Corbin, you have won a 1979 Chrysler Cordoba and you can pick it up as soon as Dean is finished squatting in it.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I love how after decades of constantly fucking up angles, some of you still have faith.  Pretty sure this will end the lamest way possible.  Reigns on top, Styles pinned clean, they both shake hands and Styles goes on to feud with Miz over the I-C belt.

You say that like its a bad thing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Attention: The answer to tonight's "What random thing will Dean Ambrose get knocked out by tonight?" was "a potted plant." 

The winner of tonight's "What Random thing will Dean Ambrose get knocked out by tonight?" contest was Jeffrey Corbin who guessed "some kind of animal maybe?" 

Jeffrey Corbin, you have won a 1979 Chrysler Cordoba and you can pick it up as soon as Dean is finished squatting in it.

I can't tell if this is insinuating ownership or defecation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I can't tell if this is insinuating ownership or defecation.

I don't know if it holds up in a court of law, but in Dean's world one of those things is how you prove the other.

Although on the upside, one of those will mean you'll get your car sooner.

• Like 2

The logical way I see it playing out is Anderson & Gallows turn on AJ when Finn arrives. That takes AJ out of the Main Event picture and you have Finn vs AJ for Summerslam while you set in motion a potential Survivor Series match between Bullet/Balor Club vs AJ/Whomever.

Was there live.  Superstars was Darren Young over Sandow and Crews over Heath Slater.  No post-show dark match as far as I know.

Looked like Tom Phillips on commentary for Superstars alongside Byron.  Fare thee well, Rich Brennan.

Odd continuity as Slamboree '99 was in St. Louis as well.

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

Had a good chuckle when Eden called Big Cass Colin Cassidy. It's the second week in a row but at least it was a different person this time.

For the other side of Big Cass's stuff- it's weird after the injury to say, but Cass's showing tonight seems like if WWE went in his direction and were to ever break up the act or move Enzo to being his manager, Cassady might have what it takes to be the NEXT ONE they're looking for (since it's clear Reigns is never going to be that guy.) He actually has charisma and can cut a promo (and tonight showed he could do 'fired up, pissed off babyface' as well as the goofy stuff Enzo and Cass always do), and the crowd (both casual and IWC) loves the team enough so he might be able to fit the role of 'top guy' well in this era.

I wonder how the AJ/Bullet Club stuff is getting over with casual WWE fans, or young people who only watch WWE. Like, you've got this guy who is popular, but has only been there a few months and WWE fans probably don't have a strong attachment to yet. Two new guys come in who are presumably heels, but we don't really know that for sure, because all they've done is beat up a "babyface" who gets booed out of every building. And supposedly they are all three friends, but we don't really know anything about their friendship other than they were "in a club" in Japan. Why does AJ not want them to gang up on Reigns? I would have to assume that's what they used to do back in their club in Japan. I think I would have a hard time following it if I didn't already know who all these people were. 

I kind of wish that since there aren't any chairs in the Ambrose Asylum, he just makes everyone sit on the mat, like its some sort of smoke sesh in that one friend's apartment (you all know that guy, maybe). Who manages to always have a stash, food, but never any substantial furniture. 

• Like 1

Whole lotta faith shown in Big Cass last night

I also like that he is already one of the best promos on the roster

God - if they do it in the right city, Enzo's return is gonna blow the roof of the place

Edited by RIPPA
  • Like 4

Granted I fell asleep somewhere during the 2nd hour but what the fuck happened to Shane?

Did he go take a nap or something after the opening segment?

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Granted I fell asleep somewhere during the 2nd hour but what the fuck happened to Shane?

Did he go take a nap or something after the opening segment?

He was vanity searching twitter for his next big power point presentation.

The Usos used a chair because they saw AJ standing there as Gallows & Anderson are beating down Roman and thought he had was part of it. Reigns comes to and only sees AJ swinging on his cousins.  It's the classic example of miscommunication being a killer (and also Chekov's Gun--if you introduce something, you need to use it before the story is over). 

Neither Roman nor AJ are really looking to underhand the other.  They've been tempted, have let things slide, but have stayed honest for the most part.  But the lines are becoming more and more blurred.  And it's hard to tell who's right or wrong.  Because as the story is being told, both men can make solid cases for themselves.  Meanwhile, G & A and the Usos are playing the devils on their shoulders, telling AJ/Roman to attack and destroy.

They really have done a great job with showing the ambiguity from both main guys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MGFanJay said:

Holy shit was this a bad, boring show to attempt to get through. Thank God for AJ Styles bumping like a madman to try and save the show in the main event and afterwards.

Disappointed you couldn't get any good ass screenshots?

• Like 13

1 hour ago, JRGoldman said:

He was vanity searching twitter for his next big power point presentation.

I kinda figured he was busy trying to find clothes and shoes that didn't make it look like he woke up in the frat house with a hangover.