DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Rory vs. Johnny?? Rory should be fighting guys like Jake Shields/ Maia not the "number 1 contender".

Rory just lost his first fight in the ufc in a while, Johny just lost his first fight in the ufc in a while. They aren't really in different positions.

Rory vs. Johnny?? Rory should be fighting guys like Jake Shields/ Maia not the "number 1 contender".

Rory just lost his first fight in the ufc in a while, Johny just lost his first fight in the ufc in a while. They aren't really in different positions.

One "lost" to the champion, and the other lost to a guy who was barely ranked in the top 10. You know your in very different positions, when the president is saying one should be champion, and is getting a rematch. 

Even if you believe Johny lost the decision to GSP, it was a razor close decision that if GSP wasn't taking time off they would be doing a rematch it was that close.  So you don't go from having a possible rematch for the title to not even being in the interim title discussion.  Have Condit(can't see Brown beating him) vs. Hendricks in March with Lawler vs. Shields on the same card.  It'll give Lawler a chance to get redemption for his previous loss to Shields.

If gsp doesn't take time off then I don't think Hendricks deserves an immediate rematch anyway. He should earn his way back.

The only time there should ever be an immediate rematch is if a longtime champion loses a close decision. He should get the opportunity to fight for the title again right away. Other than that, get back in line. Hendricks got his shot at the title and lost. He doesn't have any more of a claim to an interim title fight than anyone else near the top of that division coming off of a win.

I think I'm going to say that every time some fucking shitty fighter gets signed by the UFC and Ben Askren goes without getting a fight. Even if he does, I'm sure he'll get the same One Loss Special that Gerald Harris received, which is still bullshit.

And I'm not even a Ben Askren fan. I think he's boring as hell, but he's a whole lot better than some guys getting signed.

grice1.0_standard_709.0.jpg

"I woke up, and I didn't remember being married and didn't remember having kids," Grice said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "It really shook me up. So they brought someone in and explained everything and showed me pictures. Now I remember almost everything, it just threw me for a loop and I just started bawling right then and there."

"I don't remember the accident at all," Grice said. "I guess I got rear-ended and the guy went 65 MPH. He never hit his brakes or anything and he hit me going 65. ... He said he was distracted by his grandkids. Luckily they were OK, I think one of them hurt their nose or something. They ended up being alright. He wasn't paying attention apparently. It was a stoplight you could see almost for a mile. How he was distracted that long, I don't know."

"I was in the hospital almost month and a half two months," Grice said. "I do my outpatient rehab, so I do my rehab during the day, and then at night now I can come home to my family. It's awesome. It was amazing, I'm a homebody anyway so it felt really good to see my kids and my wife and everything."

"One of the nurses in rehab, she was looking at my chart, she said you're just a walking miracle, reading your chart and talking to you, I can't even explain how much of a miracle you are to be where you're at. I'm just blessed by God to be moving like I am."

"The brain surgeon had to act immediately," Grice said. "He said the quicker he got in, the better. They had to take this part of my skull out, they're supposed to put the rest of my skull back in in December. I'm looking forward to that, I'm hoping that when my skull gets back in I should improve some. Keep getting better until 100 percent."

"Police department has been awesome, they're holding a position for me," Grice said. "It just depends what kind of work I was going, whether I go to patrol, because I was a patrol officer, or whether I can do some kind of inside work, we'll have to wait ‘til the skull gets put back in and the doctors tell what I'll be allowed to do."

"I talked to one of the doctors and it depends on putting the skull back in and how it all does," Grice said. "Like I said, I'm only two months into this deal and it's surprising how along I am already, so they're not ruling anything out. I'm hoping yeah, I'd love to fight again. That's what I do, I enjoy what I do, it's fun and I just love competing, I hope I can do it again."