DVDVR Message Board

PAYBACK 2016

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

He put over Cesaro like a monster in that match while also being a total narcissist. And his dismissal of The Miz ("only one because of his wife") is great because Miz is a slimebag heel and KO can't even deal with them. I also loved how he said "Sami can beat both these guys, ergo I can." He put everyone over while still coming off like the worst human garbage person we've ever seen.

KO really is the best act in the company right now.

Actually at one point he still managed to put over Miz, talking up how smart he was, just still second Owens himself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skeeball Wizard said:

Anyone else find it a bit weird that Vince was talking about his kids brutally murdering each other on a supposedly PG show?

I really hope they're not reaching for the Game of Thrones crossover audience.

11 minutes ago, Bald Henry said:

Was it an awesome job? I felt he stepped all over the commentary so that the match in the ring became secondary. I also got the impression that Cole was legit annoyed with him.

When they decided to do it, I was expecting an entire match of all 3 of them just destroying poor ballless Byron Saxton who as usual didn't stand up for himself.  But it wasn't RAW or Smackdown level bad.  Hell he even put over Zayn saying that he could beat both of them currently in the ring.  

Hated Zayn taking the 2nd powerbomb though.   But I guess if you are going to make him the ultimate underdog he has to get the shit beat out of him a lot.

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

You know you're a good seller when you momentarily turn into a vegetable at ringside and your opponent just thinks you're selling.

I have to disagree because just watching it, I could tell he was knocked the fuck out immediately.  And while everybody (including the New Day) has looks of concern, Gotch looked like a total asshole trying to keep the show going.  I think that's going to hurt them more than the actual incident.

1 minute ago, Stevie Ray Von Erich said:

Anyone else get the impression that Roman hurt his left knee after AJ landed on his legs with the 450? He was limping substantially afterwards.

I thought maybe Roman clipped it on the desk when he took the clothesline over the barricade.

Odd program. Enzo's injury obviously put a cloud over everything that followed, and I think explains why we got such a tedious segment with the McMahons. I'm guessing the opener was slated for 15 minutes. 

A lot of good matches marred by lame finishes. The IC title ending how it did was perfectly fine; Cesaro got 90 percent of the offense, looked like the star he is, and we extend the payoff. But the Montreal Screwjob? Really? I get the continuity of Li'l Naitch, but...ugh. 

Just now, sydneybrown said:

What's the difference?

Stan Hansen shows up and makes fun of the size of the wrestlers' dicks. 

vlcsnap-87636.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, eastcoast_joe said:

If Roman Reigns wrestled shirtless he would up his crowd reaction to at least 50/50

First time I noticed what a split he has. Cena had a split too but the "Let's Go Roman!" portion is very much more distinctly feminine.

Styles did a great job dragging his gassed up ass to a really good match. Using it as a backdrop to a redo of the Attitude Era Dude Love-Austin match hurt the momentum they were trying to build tho. I was really impressed by some of the power moves AJ pulled off. He's a lot stronger than I remember from back when I used to watch him fight Amazing Red in X Division title matches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

There's literally about four things about this photo that make me happy.

I know what you mean...with that suit it confirms what I've known all along...I cannot wait for the Big Cass Road to Wrestlemania 34.

"He will turn heads at the airport, pal!"

• Like 1