DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Joe/Balor extreme rules or whatever would be fun. They definitely need a gimmick since it's the 3rd straight takeover they're main eventing. NXT doesn't run a lot of hardcore type matches so it feels pretty special when they do.

• Like 1

We got Joe/Aries in Spokane Saturday night and it was a straight up war. They went 15-17 minutes that saw a VERY close near fall after the 450 splash. Austin looked great and Joe was fucking KING SIZED. In other news, Alexa (vs. Asuka) and Nia (vs. Becky) looked better than I've seen them look. Nia borrowed heavily from Sasha's "CRY CHILDREN, CRY" playbook. If I remember right, Bayley won with a cross body from the top. Alexa looked like a legit threat. Her offense was good if not great and sold like a champ. Great show all the way around and easily the best wrestling show I've seen live.

13 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Joe/Balor extreme rules or whatever would be fun. They definitely need a gimmick since it's the 3rd straight takeover they're main eventing. NXT doesn't run a lot of hardcore type matches so it feels pretty special when they do.

Agreed. The match needs a stip in it.

So what are we thinking. Cage or loser leaves?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

I think with an arena brawl setup, it'll probably be a street fight or falls count anywhere. I think those two could do a really good last man standing if they wanna combine everything for a definitive feud-ender. The loser leaves stip could be tacked on to anything, but it seems unnecessary since it looks like Finn is heading out soon one way or the other.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Last Man Standing. They hate each other so much that it starts in the back, as Bayley's coming to the ring for her match, so we get a fight through the wacky arm inflatables. Bayley winds up having to watch Finn get choked out, and then has to Rise Above Hate and Hulk Up to beat Nia Jax.

53 minutes ago, NickMD said:

If you needed any further proof that NXT is booked like an 80s territory here you go.  And that's freaking awesome.

Goddamn right. NXT is exactly what I've wanted since JCP went out of business. God I missed this stuff. I never thought I'd find myself praising Triple H for much of anything but NXT is pretty much wrestling heaven for me right now. Great live, great weekly tv, off the charts good specials. Yup...I'm all in.

• Like 1

I am more interested in how they are going to pull the setup off as there appears no way to hang a cage above the ring in Full Sail before that match.

I would be kinda excited if we had 15 minutes of hype, interviews, etc.. while they built the cage (like in the 80s)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Only thing missing is the blood but I am sure they will pound the hell out of each other.   I know Joe has had some good cage matches don't know about Balor/Devitt though.

You pretty much have to expect that Balor will be a hitting a Coup de Graces from the top of the cage.

21 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Here's a question I was thinking about the other day that I'll put here to generate some discussion:

What's the best network-era NXT match that doesn't have Sami Zayn or Sasha Banks in it?

I'd go for Antonio Cesaro vs. William Regal from NXT, 25th December 2013.

Honourable mentions to Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe and American Alpha vs. The Revivial at NXT TakeOver: Dallas. Also Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens from Beast in the East/NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn.

I loved the hell out of Regal/Cesaro.  Regal's promo in particular was off the charts and I loved the story they told.

Random thought, but when Nakamura finally makes his Wrestlemania entrance, I will accept nobody else to play him out than this woman:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NickMD said:

I loved the hell out of Regal/Cesaro.  Regal's promo in particular was off the charts and I loved the story they told.

Random thought, but when Nakamura finally makes his Wrestlemania entrance, I will accept nobody else to play him out than this woman:

Well put to all.

Bonus:

• Like 2