DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

I still don't understand Kennedy.  He was average in the ring, and I really didn't think he was a good promo, on the whole.  His look was ok, but not a standout.  His whole gimmick really was announcing himself (which, admittedly, was a great bit). 

Yet he came close to getting massively over on two occasions.  One, with the countdown/cash-in to WrestleMania angle, which seemed like it was poised to take off.  Then with the "Who Killed Vince" bit.  The rumor was that he was going to be revealed as an illegitimate McMahon and someohow get the company back for babyface Vince.  Creative might have been able to kill that bit dead like they gut most other angles that sound good on paper.  But I think Kennedy would have probably come out of that a super-babyface.

Heck, he might still be with the company if he hadn't dumped Orton on his bad shoulder.

He was more doomed by being linked to or failing drug stuff, I forget which. The Orton thing just sealed his fate.

I think it was basically the steroid thing. He did a lot of press saying the deaths were people from a prior era where they lived the rockstar lifestyle, and wrestlers didn't use drugs any more because of the wellness programme. He only used roids on the indies, and never in WWE. Then he was named in the signature pharma leak.

On 5/8/2016 at 9:58 AM, Vader does my taxes! said:

I completely forgot he was one of the guys outed as receiving drug shipments in the mail.  

What got him booted from TNA (allegedly)?  Recreational drugs (as opposed to steroids)?

Story was he showed up in no condition to work at the TNA tapings in January.  Of course - because TNA - he worked anyway.  The result was so bad, they could not air it.  

They actually kept him on the roster until the show aired sometime in March and then released him.