DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

12 hours ago, zev said:

"Hey Dad."

"Yes, Hunter?"

"What part of the garage do you keep the old XFL jerseys in? I've got a guy down at Full Sail that could do great with a He Hate Me gimmick."

I want to see this so bad now. Hell they could probably get Rod Smart to do it. According to wiki, he's out of football and is a high school counselor. Get that man down to Full Sail.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

This'll end up like the time Morty Seinfeld had Jack Klompus send up that box full of Executives. 

and it ends up with the XFL gear getting burned out behind a vintage clothing store because of moths

• Like 1

Pillman was SO good as the heart and soul of the WCW cruiserweight division in the early 90s. He wrestled a variety of guys and looked good against all of them. As I go back through early WCW ppvs his matches are usually a high point in an incredibly hot period work-wise.

It would have been nice to seen him elevated to a Sting type level.

• Like 1

Even before the cruiserweight division...especially early 91 until the Yellow Dog angle when he was feuding with the Horsemen, Pillman was on fire. Sure he got to wrestle Arn, BW, & Flair alot, but he was such a plucky, fiery but sympathetic baby face. I'm pretty sure there was a weekend in February or March where he wrestled Flair back to back on WCW and The Main Event and they were just fucking great.

• Like 1

In one of the weirder things I will post today

dbf9784393411897-600x400.jpg

By Mike Johnson on 2016-05-13 14:38:00

We've received emails about this since before Wrestlemania but usually make it our policy to not report on the personal lives of those within professional wrestling.

However, since they have publicly outed that they are involved by going to Disneyland and being photographed kissing in public, we can confirm that Paige and Alberto Del Rio are dating.

Whether any of that makes it to the Total Divas reality series, we'll have to see when the series returns for a new season next year, but it is a legitimate relationship.

So when do we get the shoot-couples tag tournament up and running?

Zack/Emma
Cena/Nikki
Bryan/Brie
ADR/Paige
Pondo/Crazy Mary
Aidan English/Shaul Guerrero
Sasaki/Hokuto
Delirious/Daizee Haze
Minoru Tanaka/Yumi Fukawa
Tarzan Goto/Despina Montages

On 5/9/2016 at 5:14 AM, Michael Sweetser said:

I'm not sure if that's more or less embarrassing than the Hogan back tattoo.

(says the guy with the Decepticon tattoo)

We don't have time for that right now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Paige is going to hurt her gimmick walking around Disney. 

Goths have their own annual day at Disneyland. She's fine.

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

So when do we get the shoot-couples tag tournament up and running?

Zack/Emma
Cena/Nikki
Bryan/Brie
ADR/Paige
Pondo/Crazy Mary
Aidan English/Shaul Guerrero
Sasaki/Hokuto
Delirious/Daizee Haze
Minoru Tanaka/Yumi Fukawa
Tarzan Goto/Despina Montages

Forgot Jimmy Uso/Naomi, Alexa/Murphy (I think that's the one she's with), Big Cass/Carmella, Enzo/Liv Morgan (I think), Sasha/Mikaze, Miz/Maryse, Bubba Ray/Velvet Sky, Dolph/Dana (are they still dating?) and Stardust/Black Yoshi Pie.  Possibly Cesaro/Sara Del Rey.

We know HHH/Steph win this, right?

10 minutes ago, Ace said:

Goths have their own annual day at Disneyland. She's fine.

When I was a kid there were 2 witches on line for the Dixieland boat ride in Disneyland.  This asshole hick started making fun of them.  They were in full goth gear.  They took some powder out of a little bag they had and sprinkled it on the guy.  My dad and I saw it and I was a little scared.  My dad was like, it's just make believe.....nothing will happen.  About half way through the ride we see the guy who was making fun of the girls walking down the steps.....guy goes ass over tea kettle and tumbles down the stairs.  His camera breaks into pieces.  He busted up his arm.  My dad was like "well, maybe it was black magic".  I like to think of it as my Disneyland make believe moment.  The magic of Disney.  

• Like 6