DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Just now, Wyld Samurai said:

That was such an awkward spot. Was he trying to baseball slide out of the ring or did Gotcha try to throw him out of the restraint? It just didn't make sense.

Gotch was trying to throw him out but they started too close to the ropes so Enzo couldn't get his head under in time.

I think he was trying to go through the ropes, was going to dive between the lower and middle ropes, but decided on a baseball slide at the last second.

I thought of Perro Aguayo Jr. as most of you did here. Glad that he's moving and talking. 

I was a bit shook for the first few minutes of Owens/Zayn because of that. 

BTW - PWI had a report up briefly that claimed Enzo received CPR.

They edited it to say otherwise without noting that the original story was edited

Cole update on Enzo

Nothing really changed since earlier - just he is undergoing tests, that he can move his arms and legs and that he is "communicate" with doctors

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Normally we would wait but this is kinda bigger than that

Enzo Amore just got legit seriously injured very early in the tag match. (Match thrown out. Stretcher. etc...)

If one tends to be a little on the skittish side - I would suggest not seeking out the gif

Thanks for the warning. I'm only just starting the show now and Enzo being injured is not something I want to see.

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - PWI had a report up briefly that claimed Enzo received CPR.

They edited it to say otherwise without noting that the original story was edited

Alvarez RT'ed something from a fan at ringside who said he was receiving oxygen while being treated. I wonder if that's where the CPR confusion stemmed from. As shook as the announcers were, I'd imagine they would be 10x worse if they were watching a guy receive CPR right in front of them.

In Meltzer's show recap - he said Enzo was unconscious until he got to the back so receiving oxygen would definitely make sense.

If he's okay and recovers, in the old days they'd turn that into hell of an angle, that will obviously not be happening regardless.

57 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If he's okay and recovers, in the old days they'd turn that into hell of an angle, that will obviously not be happening regardless.

In the old days, if Enzo was crippled or killed they'da still done an angle where Cass chased the Vaudevillains to avenge his partner...

So what should they have done then, have the Vaudevillians attack Cass as he's standing outside of the ambulance, watching it pull away because he's too big to fit in the back? Then tell Renee they took "both of the sawfties out. Jolly well, good show," and walk back to catering?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVA said:

I really think the ref should've done a better job of protecting Enzo after the injury.  No way Gotch should've been allowed to move his neck like he did.

I thought that too. It seemed immediately obvious to me that he was out of it. He just had that blank, glazed over look, so I was surprised that the ref stepped away from him for a few seconds.