DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For May 11, 2016

RIPPA

Per WON

5/11/16 -

In ring promo segment with Finn Balor, great reaction, "Thank You, Finn" chants, he says he's going to address the elephant in the room, Samoa Joe. Reminds us all that he beat Joe twice before and both matches could have gone either way. Then we got The Drifter walking out singing a song about Finn, no words were comprehendable due to the loudest booing since Eva Marie challenging Bayley a few months back. Absolutely drowned out by booing here, Finn never even moved as Samson made his way in to the ring and once Samson was directly behind Finn, Pele' kick to a huge cheer, Finn then picks up the guitar, looks at the hard camera before throwing it towards the entrance way where Elias was after rolling out of the ring. Samson made the catch, saving his precious acoustic guitar. Very fun segment here as Finn was in no mood for The Drifter's nonsense.

NXT Tag Team Champions American Alpha beat Corey Hollis and John Skyler

Great reaction including "You Deserve It" chants for the new tag champs, excellent wrestling early by Chad Gable before the heels were able to use distraction and take advantage. They worked Gable over for a bit before the Jason Jordan hot tag, after running wild and bringing the straps down, The Revival made their way to the ramp to get a closer look at the champs, there would be no distraction though. Jordan even raised the straps back up so he could lower them again, hit a spear in the corner, tag in Gable for the Grand Amplitude assisted suplex for the win. The champs and former champs stared at each other before making their way to the back.

Shinsuke Nakamura beat Alex Riley

Huge ovation for Shinsuke Nakamura, absolute superstar pop as you'd expect. Riley tried to trade big shots with Nakamura and that didn't end well, big running knee to midsection by Shinsuke while Riley was set over the top rope. Kinshasa for the win and a mighty YeaOh in the center of the ring as celebration.

Alexa Bliss beat Rachael Ellering

Good showing by SWA's own Rachael Ellering here, Alexa Bliss worked her match and won it with the splash off the top rope.

Finn Balor beat Elias Samson

The best match I've seen from The Drifter, a lot of fun seeing him mix it up with the top stars lately as the crowd absolutely hates him. Finn had his shoulder taped still yet was working an extra vicious style, a lot of action in between Samson headlocks, big dropkick through the ropes by Finn, strong kicks and finally hits the 1916 DDT for the win as he sits on Elias Samson and stares in to the hard camera wanting this to be Samoa Joe.

Post match Finn continues his promo from earlier as he wants his rematch with Samoa Joe, as Joe comes out Mr. Regal runs to get between them, and standing on the ring apron with Finn still in the ring. Finn runs and dives over Mr. Regal on to Samoa Joe, then holds the NXT Championship in his hands before setting it on Joe who is laid out on the ground. William Regal then makes it official that at NXT Takeover June 8th we will in fact have NXT Champion Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor for the title.

Per PWI

Week 2

- Finn Balor comes out to talk about his previous matches with Samoa Joe. He's interrupted by Elias Samson, who is singing his song. As Samson gets close, Finn hits the Pele kick. Finn throws the guitar at Samson.

- American Alpha def. Cory Hollis and John Skylar. 

Post match: The Revival comesout to tease a confrontation between the teams, but ends up backing off. 

- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Alex Riley. The pop was incredible for Nakamura. 

- Alexa Bliss def. Rachel Ellering   Ellering is the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Paul Ellering.

- Finn Balor def. Elias Samson. 

Post match: Finn talks about wanting his NXT Title back and bringing a demon. Samoa Joe comes out, but before the two can fight, William Regal gets order and makes a title match between the two at the June 8th Takeover. Finn dives on Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

The Drifter getting nuclear heat was the best. Then during the match itself, the three Drifter fans rooting for him and getting booed down was classic. 

Finn/Joe is finally nearing the level of intensity that the feud has been trying to portray for awhile. 

Everything else was good! I did not know that Paul Ellering had a daughter who power-lifted and now wrestles. 

Fuck Alex Riley.

No, there is no insightful post here about Nak's performance or how Finn Balor is integrating character in his ring work. Alex Riley being gone is the highlight of the fucking show.

• Like 3

Darn good limb work by Bliss, she needs an arm sub to really put it over! Also, I don't think that's a chokeslam, I think it's Alexa's THE CLAW followed by a throw to the mat.

The twitter drifter... teehee.

EDIT: Thanks Graves for reminding me of White Lion when my mind had conveniently forgotten them.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing catch up.

The best thing I've seen in ages was Regal going from smug, from making the tag match, to horrified, as Alexa goes from smirking to turning to look at him. I had to go back and watch it three times because it was amazing.

34xnl.png

It's at 27:20 or so on the network.