DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Awkward - 25 April 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Pretty good show overall, and a far better go-home show for Payback than anything done for WM. They made Sami vs. Owens seem like a huge deal - and it made me wish that was for an important secondary title. With Miz and Cesaro going at it for the IC, then just giving Owens the US Title would have been fine and would give them something to fight over. Gallows and Anderson's debut had a couple of highlights, but went on way too long and just lacked impact. They should have steamrolled any team - instead, they "told a story" with the Usos that could've been accomplished with a post-match beating, and didn't really shine much. Then they got beat up by the Big Dog. Main event was a bit more of the same too - but they did make AJ look strong tonight.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/04/wwe-raw-4-25-16.html

Screens -

a2fed2479853819.jpg

62a14e479855512.jpg

690539479862217.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/e23ngie07f6dcd4b17c6q3ax56ye4rjj

Another fun show. Some real intrigue heading into Sunday. I think Finn becomes the "Balor Club" leader, while AJ continues to play the role of reluctant friend. I also think Vince will announce a brand split, with Shane running Raw. 

7 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

So not even a sick kid can get Roman over as a babyface with a live crowd. What's plan Z?

Was thinking if the plan to have Doc & Gallows actually swerve AJ and help Reigns win the title then having him promote a Make a Wish that heavy is weird.  

Still don't understand this logic that no matter how much they hype a tag team they still have to get their ass kicked by ONE GUY.   A WWE tradition that needs to die immediately

I can't wait to see what Vince decides on who runs RAW because we all know that when it comes to Shane McMahon a stipulation is always met.  :rolleyes:

Loved the reaction by everyone to Enzo's line about the walking on the beach.  Nobody had a clue what he was talking about but if you listen it does make sense.  

Other than Steph coming out and forcing my thumb to the fast forward button, I really liked this show all around. It feels like we're in a great spot until the Authority and all the injured dudes return.

Speaking of injured dudes, Rollins/Dean/AJ vs Roman/Doc/Gallows is where they'd be heading if this shit made an ounce of sense.

I liked Dean calling out Jericho on the Bon Jovi hair. I don't know why it took so long for someone to do so. Dean should have thrown in a dig about Fozzy.

I liked the interaction between New Day, Enzo & Cass, and the Vaudevillains. I absolutely love The Vaudevillains being on the main roster without their gimmick being shit upon. 

Things feel totally fresh right now, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

Speaking of injured dudes, Rollins/Dean/AJ vs Roman/Doc/Gallows is where they'd be heading if this shit made an ounce of sense.

Dear God, help me.  I agree with Binky.  All hope is lost, do like the rats and abandon the ship! *plays Taps* :)

But yeah, the story would work great that way.  Roman gets soldiers for his Empire, Anderson and Gallows are automatically in the main event scene, AJ can be on the chase, Rollins and Ambrose shank each other a few times while Styles is stuck playing peacekeeper.  Eventually Finn is called up and the real chaos can begin.

I thought it was a pretty good show outside of jobbing out Emma when she needed to keep momentum heading into her rivalry with Becky.  But hey, at least they were on the show.  More than I can say for the US title holder and contender.

1 hour ago, zev said:

"This is a Snackdown."

Becky eats like she's been to prison, and she needs to finish her meal before the 300 pound bitch running the Aryan gang gets to her table to steal it.  Chew carefully before you choke to death, Becky.

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Anyone in the CT area. The next RAW in Hartford is Halloween night. Presale code is rawwwe

I prefer them to never run Hartford again if that is how quiet the crowd is going to be

• Like 2

Spoiler

As I don't read spoilers or wwe.com I was very annoyed about Michael spoiling NXT for me, but I suppose I shouldn't be annoyed as it was a house show result, which is all over the internets now. Still though, it would have been nice to find out from watching NXT...

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

One of these days, there will be an episode of Raw where every single match ends in a distraction/roll-up finish.

It was called WCW Monday Nitro and they did it every week that Russo booked it. ;)

EDIT: re, Becky eating so fast. She used to work in bars and as an airline stewardess...places where you don't get a lot of time for meal breaks. I'm a bouncer and I wolf food down in seconds because I'm still working the door while I'm eating, and it carries over to non-work meals, too.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

It was called WCW Monday Nitro and they did it every week that Russo booked it. ;)

EDIT: re, Becky eating so fast. She used to work in bars and as an airline stewardess...places where you don't get a lot of time for meal breaks. I'm a bouncer and I wolf food down in seconds because I'm still working the door while I'm eating, and it carries over to non-work meals, too.

My dad was an US Army ordinance officer and my brother and I got our atrocious table manners from him  It also does not help that I work with a bunch of US Army civilians that used to be former enlisted.

Eat it now, taste it later, get back to work.

• Like 2