DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I think the Warriors learned their lesson last year.  Between Stephen Curry's fragile ankles and Durant's injury history, I bet Kerr will have those guys on cruise control the second half of next season.  As grand as that team is on paper, anyone one of those guys can go down.

I'm not sure how many teams are going to be willing to play ball with the Warriors this season.  I'm sure they'll eventually find a trade partner for Bogut, but they don't have a lot of leverage here.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

I've been trying to come up with the word for my opinion on this, and I think I've settled on lame. Can you imagine Jordan signing up to be the third best (Curry, Green) player on a team? Kobe? Magic? Bird?

He's selling himself short, and it's unfortunate. Also less wise than he might think - if they win, big whoop, they had the best regular season ever last year, what did he do? If they lose... hooboy. I've heard the conspiracy theory that Nike wanted him there to cool off Curry and Under Armour. I don't believe in such things, but...

In no world is Durant the third best player on that team. He's a top 3 player in the NBA. Also, I wish we'd stop citing "Oh, (80s superstar) wouldn't have teamed up with (rival)". Do you know why they didn't ever do that? Because the NBA landscape was different back then, and the Lakers and Celtics had 5 hall of famers already. They were super teams. 

The only reason I'm upset about this is because I don't want Joe Lacob to have nice things happen to him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jrag said:

This is season is going to be weird. I'm rooting for my terrible Bulls, the Knicks, The T-Wolves and Lebron.

If the Warriors roll with Ezili and Varejao as the 5 for the season and have to play the Wolves in the playoffs, KAT may put up 35/17/5/5 or something insane. 

It is Thibs destiny to valiant fall against a team with 4 times the talent of his own, while he rages and sweats on the sideline.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JRGoldman said:

In no world is Durant the third best player on that team. He's a top 3 player in the NBA. Also, I wish we'd stop citing "Oh, (80s superstar) wouldn't have teamed up with (rival)". Do you know why they didn't ever do that? Because the NBA landscape was different back then, and the Lakers and Celtics had 5 hall of famers already. They were super teams. 

The only reason I'm upset about this is because I don't want Joe Lacob to have nice things happen to him. 

Lebron is still the king, but I think #2 is up for debate.  I might take Durant over Curry. So good defensively to go along with being 7 feet tall and completely unguardable.

49 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Did you say the same of the super Celtics team too? I agree with the idea that they're villains now but this has been a thing for what, 8 years now?

No, because it was completely different. The Celtics made trades to get KG and Allen and those two with Pierce were all on the downside of their prime. Durant is leaving a team that couldn't beat GSW and joining up with another MVP.  Who cares if he wins?  LeBron found that he needed to leave Miami and go back to Cleveland to reach the level he is at now.  Durant seems content with being a #2 which is pretty embarrassing for a former MVP.

17 minutes ago, JRGoldman said:

I second everything you said here especially the Joe Lacob.  At the same time, he got it done so I can't hate.

As for Durant Vs. Curry, Durant is a 6'11 freak of nature.  You can't teach it.  Curry is very good, but he isn't that and I believe Durant can effect the game more on the defensive end.  

As I was saying:

Sam Amico @AmicoHoops

One NBA team exec who says he was previously interested in trading for Andrew Bogut texts he's no longer interested. "I'm not helping them."

People are mad.

• Like 2

The Raptors are the team he should really join. He could bail them out with his shooting and they desperately need to upgrade at the PF position. 

Sounds like Timmy is going to retire. :(

People in the organization and the fans?

Pierce, Allen and Garnett couldn't get it done individually, teamed up and won a championship. Clearly a bitch move. If they wanted to be men, KG and Jesus should've vetoed their trades. Shoot, KG did that earlier that summer but eventually acquiesced.

Man, I have no issues with anyone going anywhere to make cash or get rings if it suits their needs, blame OKC for not doing a better job to keep him if you want.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

People who don't think it's a bitch move don't understand competitive sports. Even if GSW go 82-0 and win a title who cares

My understanding of competitive sports is that the point is to win.

They're gonna do that a lot.

• Like 1