DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 4-4-16 - Post-WrestleMania Raw

MGFanJay

Hey remember when John Cena had all those open challenges and people cared about the US Title and then Alberto Del Rio won it and ruined everything and now the champ works the very first match on the Mania pre-show and the title isn't even mentioned on the RAW after Mania?

Good times..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They should have signed Santana Garrett by now.  I'm thinking one of Peyton Royce or Billie Kay can step up. Liv Morgan has a lot of potential and is a fun character but she's nowhere ready. I haven't looked at the spoilers nor will I but I think you can run Asuka/Nia Jax right away, they have history and eventually get into an Asuka/Alexa feud where maybe her team helps her cheat and shit.

I'm surprised they haven't pulled the trigger on Billie or Peyton yet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grizzlyedwin said:

So what was everyone saying last night about AJ being buried?

Don't you worry. Roman is going to kick out of all of AJ's moves and then spear AJ and beat him clean in the middle of the ring.

Jericho refusing to let the crowd fuck with him was a fun little moment.  Jericho is a step slow in the ring, but he makes up for it in other ways.  "You're not hijacking the show on my watch.  We will stand here all night!"

• Like 1

Any actual word on Sami?  I tend to think it's a work since they did a table spot afterwards (dumb if he really did tear up his shoulder) and Cesaro was clearly meant to be in the main event,  Though I am amused by the notion that Cesaro was simply standing around backstage in his ring attire and tearaway suit a la "I'm not booked" Dennis Stamp,

Owens selling WM by limping out in the main event last night was golden - especially since he seemed to move fine on his bad leg when it was time to break up a pin.

Enzo is an acquired taste.  He's the sort of guy that I'd prepare to loathe if you explain his gimmick to me, but enjoy once I actually see him.

I wonder who thought the right way to debut Corbin was to book him in a 50-50 match with Dolph where he eats a lot of offense and sells way too much?  Oh, and seems completely baffled by the notion of a countout.  That was amusing.  Not a great debut for him.

Not sure what people are expecting a Reigns heel turn to accomplish.  I'm less interested in smug, smarmy, and smirking Roman Reigns than I was in smiling babyface RR.  And I wasn't a big fan of his babyface character.

14 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Owens selling WM by limping out in the main event last night was golden - especially since he seemed to move fine on his bad leg when it was time to break up a pin.

Owens has done this a couple of times in the last year. He'll sell a physical match or something to that effect by limping down the aisle. He'll then immediately forget he did that once the bell rings.

The show felt like a fresh start. The one good thing about Romans title win is the end of Romans chase for a title everyone and their grandmother knew he was going to win. It allows for fresh opponents.

Happy for Apollo. He was an odd fit for nxt but should do just fine on the main roster.

The Breeze stuff just hurts to watch. You have a talented twenty-something when the whole roster is old. He's working hard with a gimmick that WWE was supporting for years only to get dropped off the proverbial cliff once he hit the main roster. If you don't like the gimmick, repackage him, but he's way too talented to be enhancement talent. 

Enzo is a star. This guy has the potential to be a force of nature and be massively over in a matter of weeks. 

I'm surprised as hell The Vaudevillains are getting called up. Maybe for their debut, Mauro can stuff a ball gag in Lawler's mouth, so he can't shit all over the Vaudevillains act. I hope I'm wrong and they are successful. More tag teams is never a bad thing. 

They are not going to be successful.  The gimmick stinks.

They are going to be jobbers and that's ok.  WWE needs some solid tag team jobbers on the main roster.  That they are pretty damn good in the ring is a bonus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Wade was always a big fan of Burt Reynolds:

burt-reynolds-cosmo-2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

NLhYI9.gif

"That's the end of this suit!"

2 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

What do you mean?

lkXTsu2.png

"Are they talking about me Mr. Wint?"  "I think so Mr. Kidd"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I'm struggling, but who is this?

It's Wade Barrett chilling against the barricade while waiting out the Wyatts beating on the remaining members of the LON

8 minutes ago, Jrag said:

They are not going to be successful.  The gimmick stinks.

They are going to be jobbers and that's ok.  WWE needs some solid tag team jobbers on the main roster.  That they are pretty damn good in the ring is a bonus.

That's what the Colons, Ascension, and Social Outcasts are for. 

10 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

Ok DVDVR Universe, you have one of two choices for Roman Reigns-AJ Styles:

A.) Bullet Club finally debuts, as heels, to help AJ but Reigns overcomes the odds and wins.

B.) Reigns cleanly beats AJ in a hard fought back and forth match. They shake hands and hug at the end and AJ gives Roman the "hey smarks, this guy is for real, y'all need to respect him" pointing and thumbs up gestures. 

Whats it gonna be?

What if Anderson and Gallows came out during the title match, teased a Bullet Club reunion, but then sided with Roman instead, turning Reigns heel?

...nah, that would probably make too much sense.

• Like 1

The long game seems like Reigns going heel, which explains some of his mannerisms and probably why they held the Authority off the show. I'm guessing he goes subtle heel against AJ and gets more and more overt down the line... then you bring back the Authority as the puppeteers and Reigns finally goes full blown heel. Which would also segue nicely into Rollins coming back as a babyface.