DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 4-4-16 - Post-WrestleMania Raw

MGFanJay

Guest Edwin
2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

On the plus side, promos between Bubba and Enzo should be pretty good.

At this point, that's not even something Bubba is good at.

Just now, nofuture said:

Maybe Dr. Phil is going to do some group counseling with the audience.

Phil to crowd: And you feel he doesn't hear what you're saying to him?

Vince: Look, I don't need...

Phil to Vince: Vince..That's exactly it.  We're listening to them right now.

Vince: Fucking waste of 3 bills an hour.

Phil to crowd: Now Express your needs

Crowd: We want some Bayley! We want some Bayley!

Phil to Vince: Now did you hear what they said?

Vince: Yeah.  They want a strong charismatic champion, like Roman REEEEIGGNNS

Phil: I'm out.

• Like 5

I was expecting the title of this thread to be RAW Is 10% Taller.

Fun main event, if you aren't Sami Zayn.

Would've made more sense for Nattie to mention their first match on RAW where she beat Charlotte. At least, I think I'm remembering that correctly.

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Poor Baron Corbin getting the Tyler Breeze treatment.  Who on creative hates NXT so much that they keep booking all the call-ups against fucking Dolph?

Like the debuting Apollo Crews?

So the outcome of Shane's match ultimately meant nothing since he got to run Raw for a night anyways.  Even though he did pretty much nothing the whole night.

Enzo & Cass debut was everything I hoped it would be, though Carmella was a bit conspicuous by her absence.  There are worse people to get into a first program with than the Dudleys.  As stale as they are, they are still good on the mic and can work decently well in the ring.  

Poor Vaudvillians are going to be dead in the water, I'm afraid.

I'd figured Ryder would drop the belt to a returning Cena, and really feel bad for him that he had to lose it to someone as insufferable as the Miz.  

Crews is still a physical specimen who is completely uninteresting in the ring.  Someone had mentioned that since character work doesn't matter as much here than in NXT he might be better suited but time will tell.  Corbin is still just another lumbering big guy to me.

I might have cared about a Wyatts/LON feud if they had built on it when they started several months ago and had a Mania blowoff.  Still, I'm not going to write it off as dead weight.

Was it really that hard to have Roman do those types of promos from the beginning?  The cocky "I don't give a fuck about the fans" swagger and few words is just the sort of thing he should have been doing all along.

Main event was about 5-10 minutes away from being an MOTYC.  I'm thinking (and hoping) the Sami injury is a work.  Cesaro was in fine form and it's excellent to have him back.  I'm going to temper my enthusiasm till they actually do something worthwhile with him though.

6 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Now I don't actually watch NXT, so I'd never seen this Enzo and Cass before, but...God I don't think I've ever hated a fucking pro wrestler as instantly as I did when Enzo started talking. Fuck that guy.

I think a lot of people are going to have that reaction. I mean, he's over with the NXT crowd, but I can see the casual fans kinda scratching their heads wondering what the fuck he's talking about. (I like him, by the way)

Just now, EVA said:

I may be a dope, but I think Enzo is shoot hilarious sometimes.  The one tonight about putting D-Von's lazy eye to work about made me piss myself.

He talks fast and he points out obvious flaws in people's gimmicks.  It's pretty much bullet proof.  It's the Rock's schtick but coming from a runt, which is kind of fun.

4 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

I don't get the Enzo thing at all. His catchphrases are stupid and it just doesn't entertain me in the least, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it so maybe I'm just an out of touch old man who doesn't know what a burrito is.

Doesn't matter if it's 1999 or 2016, if you say your catchphrases with confidence and have charisma, people want to sing-along-with you.

Road Doggs/Enzos of the world will always get love.

2 minutes ago, zev said:

Would've made more sense for Nattie to mention their first match on RAW where she beat Charlotte. At least, I think I'm remembering that correctly.

Yup. Also would have made more sense for Summer Rae to claim that she "made" Sasha and play up their history. But whatever. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I guess Roman Reigns is stealing Baron Corbin's "Indy Killer" gimmick because what I'm thinking is going to happen over the next few months is that Reigns beats up all the fan-favorite indy stars with a smirk on his face during title matches. He's a tweener. Like Diesel, but without the charisma and with way better matches. 

Let me know when Roman has a match anywhere near Diesel/Shawn from Good Friends, Better Enemies. 

• Like 2

So let me understand this the start the show with Cole and crew talking about how wild and unpredictable the post mania crowd is and how great that is cause it show the fans passion. To then have JBL complain over and over and over about how crappy the crowed is cause there being unpredictable and wild? 

So we can now add an additional level to the women in wwe. The can be a bitch, or crazy, or a daddy's girl that can't do anything with out him?

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

So if you're Tyler Breeze and your job is now jobbing to the new Tyler Breezes then how the fuck is Dolph Ziggler still a thing?

HHH felt bad about sending the Spirit Squad back to OVW so he keeps one of them around.

• Like 1

Zack Ryder may have lost the IC title, but he gained something he's never had before; a program that he's the focus of. He and Miz are close in real life, so I wouldn't be surprised if Miz ends up putting him over, especially with all the guys from the IC match moving on to other things. Super psyched for Enzo and Big Cass.

• Like 1