DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Honestly I watched the first two hours live, but in my timezone I just couldn't be bothered to lose sleep over the current product. Watched everything else next day and good God am I glad I went to bed. 

The Rock is awful. This is the man who turned me to wrestling, but I just want him to leave. He's nothing like the man who taught me it is okay to love another man. :(

• Like 1

Sasha saved the overshot Sunset Flip too, by just waiting for the suplex to land and looking a different kind of opportunistic.

Credit where it's due too, the preshow was great for what it was. Everything there either overperformed or did just right and had the right ending.

I got the vibe that The Rock was trying to bait the Wyatts into backing down or going 1 on 1 because he was afraid of them but knew his mouth was his best weapon. He had a physical tension and nervous eyes until the match challenge. I feel like commentary failed there more than anything else. Bray's TexasHainsaw Massacre ref smoked Balor's.  That face smock was creepy and awesome.

Roman is still my wife's favourite wrestler and popular with women and kids. My buddy who was there saw a ton of kids in Roman gear. Like Cena, he sells to the groups that are going to buy the most merch and until that changes a heel turn isn't super likely. Which is a shame because I feel like six months as a heel would make people cheer him again and then they could just slow turn him back.

It's become really apparent to me how much HHH wants the IWC to love him. They loved Bryan so he put him over clean and strong in a great match and even busted out a Tiger Suplex. He faces Roman who the IWC hates? He's doing all kinds of nasty subs and fingerwork, focusing on the nose, and just really aping EVOLVE to suck up to them while structuring the match away from Roman's strengths to expose him in a subtle burial. He'll deny it, but HHH *really* wants the IWC to love him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramsey said:

For what it's worth, my 11 year old daughter who made snacks, wore her Asuka t-shirt and did her hair like Bayley to watch Mania with her dad walked out after two hours and said "this is boring."

This was a shit show.

So weird, I did all those exact same things.

• Like 6

Plus, it's a big stage and triple threats are unnecessarily convoluted by design. I thought they did really well with the format, and they didn't get roped into the standard WWE structure for how one of those matches should go, but I normally hate Triple Threats.

The triple threat also had one of the only moments of the night where Wrestlemania actually felt like a big deal when Charlotte almost broke down right before the match then quickly composed herself and went right back to heeling. Considering how every other match went down with the politics and crowd dynamics involved, the women were probably the only ones that had a feel good moment all night. 

LON's entrance should've been first. Last thing Rusev needs is to be out of action due to slipping on some Booty-Os.

Wait, am I really about to hit Submit Reply after typing that?

• Like 3

falconarrow on Reddit, who has a pretty good track record, claims there aren't any injuries coming out of 'Mania last night. So Stardust and KO are fine, apparently. Also, last night was Corbin's call up to the main roster.

I don't think this was a good show, but I do think it may go down as a somewhat noteworthy or important one. I don't think any of the finishes were arbitrary or bred out of incompetence. I think everything was calculated to take back the show from the audience. Daniel Bryan was a great performer, and the fans getting behind him led to an all time great moment. That being said, it also led to a subsection of fans deciding that they can throw temper tantrums and consistently change the program based on their whims. Fans should certainly have a voice, but it shouldn't be the only voice, and I sort of think that last night's Wrestlemania was proof that the narrative and creative process from within the WWE will take precedent over fans deciding they ironically like Ty Dillinger this week and he should be champion or whatever. 

Please note: This is not a criticism of wrestling fans and we've had that discussion to death. I have no interest in having it again.

• Like 1

I think with New Day, they probably feel like they can afford to take a loss and still be over as fuck. They aren't wrong...but I guess I don't see any value in the League. I think all members of the team especially Rusev should be on their own.

The AJ thing was the biggest WTF of the night.  The series is 2-2 but who cares? Does it need to continue? No. Should AJ be protected?  Of course. He's quickly becoming ANOTHER GUY just like they do with everyone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

I saw the posted picture. Did I miss it on the show, or did he spend time on Wrestlemania plugging his instagram?

He did a promo in the back after his win and he basically said the same thing as the tag on his photo (He took a photo with Razor's belt then he was going to find Razor to take the picture again)

So it was just that he wanted a photo not plugging his Instagram

If I was him I would have spent time plugging that I was dating Emma

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I swear DDP look like he blew out his hip on the diamond cutter and I thought I had a glimpse of him barely able to walk from the ring.

He definitely looked like he got hurt on his elimination

I also was amused that Show and Shaq couldn't even be bothered to wait till they were off camera to start smoking and joking with each other

28 minutes ago, JRGoldman said:

I don't think this was a good show, but I do think it may go down as a somewhat noteworthy or important one. I don't think any of the finishes were arbitrary or bred out of incompetence. I think everything was calculated to take back the show from the audience. Daniel Bryan was a great performer, and the fans getting behind him led to an all time great moment. That being said, it also led to a subsection of fans deciding that they can throw temper tantrums and consistently change the program based on their whims. Fans should certainly have a voice, but it shouldn't be the only voice, and I sort of think that last night's Wrestlemania was proof that the narrative and creative process from within the WWE will take precedent over fans deciding they ironically like Ty Dillinger this week and he should be champion or whatever. 

Please note: This is not a criticism of wrestling fans and we've had that discussion to death. I have no interest in having it again.

If XXX was the show the fans booked and this was the show booked to take it back from the fans, what does that tell you?

• Like 1