DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Hagan said:

Can we cut the "Shane is a non-wrestler" talking point? Shane has wrestled hundreds of matches. VKM went even-steven with Austin and Hunter when they were in their primes and Shane held his own with fucking prime Angle and Kane. There are certainly reasons to not like the match but "Shane isn't a wrestler lol" isn't one of 'em. 

The best part was people on twitter saying Shane was an "out of shape guy" when he's more ripped than 80% of the roster right now.

4 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

If you mean that in the sense that it was so terrible, that it was enjoyable to watch two people have a match that bad on a stage that big, then I can see your point. I enjoy stuff like Manos: Hands of Fate and Glen or Glenda? too. 

Just like Manos, WM32 would have benefitted from the MST3K/Rifftrax treatment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Can we cut the "Shane is a non-wrestler" talking point? Shane has wrestled hundreds of matches. VKM went even-steven with Austin and Hunter when they were in their primes and Shane held his own with fucking prime Angle and Kane. There are certainly reasons to not like the match but "Shane isn't a wrestler lol" isn't one of 'em. 

HUNDREDS?  You couldn't even get to ONE HUNDRED.

EDIT:  Oh, I stand corrected, Shane has literally had 101 matches.  He's an ICON.  My apologies.

I really have no clue why they would have AJ lose that match.  They now have had him lose clean twice to Jericho who is a million miles behind him in ability at this point.  So he basically looks like a chump now.

• Like 1

Just now, badfish69 said:

I really have no clue why they would have AJ lose that match.  They now have had him lose clean twice to Jericho who is a million miles behind him in ability at this point.  So he basically looks like a chump now.

I mean, I guess they could do Reigns vs. Jericho, but boy, I hope not.

1 minute ago, rzombie1988 said:

Ultimate Warrior says hi. Great body...gassed in 2 mins.

Do you honestly think Shane is out of shape? Because if you do, I dunno if we can have an actual conversation.

Sasha was the best performer on this show. She looked like a total star on her entrance, busted out a rope walk rana, frog splash, and an insane tope con hilo that may or may not have been planned but looked awesome, she bumped like a fucking lunatic, and the fans were begging for her to win the title. The show was shit, but the NXT girls delivered so at least there's something positive to come out of this.

• Like 1

Also, was Kevin Dunn even more incompetent than he normally is? They were like three seconds behind getting key shots the whole night. 

God help me, I think that the ten-man tag on the pre-show was the second-best match of the night. 

Think about this: IX had Headshrinkers/Steiners, Doink/Crush, and a three-man booth of Ross, Savage, and Heenan (one of my personal favorite combinations in spite of, or maybe because of, their awkwardness in working together). 

32 had Lynch/Banks/Charlotte, the 10-man tag, and Cole/JBL/Saxton. 

Yeah, I should have just watched IX twice in the time that I watched this instead. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

After like 20 years they make Steph an entertaining character that deserves TV time. And that, that is the night she gets her comeuppance.

Trash show.

Stephanie, Dominatrix soccer mom deserves her own network series

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

Shane came in and said Raw sucks. And since he's the babyface, we're supposed to think he's right. Now that he lost, WWE is saying "Yeah, it sucks! And it's gonna continue to suck!"

There was no reason to even bring him back at this point.  Undertaker looks shitty too because now he really does look like Vince's bitch.  There was no reason for him to even want to fight Shane in the first place.

• Like 1

Sasha should've taken the submission not Becky. Unless they really are going to go to Charlotte vs Sasha where Sasha can win the belt and Becky can fuck off for getting over. Though I can see why they would go that route since they stopped telling the Charlotte/Becky story once Sasha came back

2 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Also, was Kevin Dunn even more incompetent than he normally is? They were like three seconds behind getting key shots the whole night. 

He COMPLETELY butchered Flair's interference in the finish. That's the one that immediately came to my mind.

12 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Steph's part was like a monolog from a play Jason Schwartzman would have written in RUSHMORE.

Was I the only one who caught the teleprompter in Trips' spot before he appeared?