DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For NOW 4/27/16

RIPPA

Per WON

4/20 show

- Alexa Bliss beat Tessa Blanchard

Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa (who have signed NXT contracts but not developmental contracts, believed to be similar to the deal Austin Aries has, to where they can still work indies) beat The Vaudevillains.  So looks like they are now in for a push.

- Baron Corbin pinned Tucker Knight in a basic squash

- Bayley beat Liv Morgan.  Bayley cut a generic promo about it doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, it's how many you get back up.  She never mentioned Asuka's name.

- Nakamura beat Tye Dillinger.  Nakamura was great at connecting with the crowd.

Per PWI

The 4/20 episode:

Alexa Bliss beat Tessa Blanchard.

Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa beat The Vaudevillains.

Baron Corbin beat Tucker Knight.

Bayley beat Liv Morgan.  Bayley also hugged Izzy.

Shinsuke Nakamura beat Tye Dillinger.

I guess we'll see where they go, but I got no beef with them doing another Bayley has to rally run to beat this next obstacle.  I think they have a big gap in talent right now in that Asuka is head and shoulders above almost all the girls I've seen so far.  I thought Bayley looked good in the match, but this is like Rocky 3.  She was the champ, she got beat, now she's got to get better to win back her title.  She's good at playing the underdog and if it means they give her a little more time before calling her up, I'm fine with it.  I think they have a one on one Sasha/Charlotte program to go and I did love the suggestion that someone had that Bayley vs. Sasha in Brooklyn with the call back to them having the history at that show might be the way to go.

Of course this means, they'll call her up and have her Single White Female someone starting tonight. 

On 4/5/2016 at 10:41 PM, mattdangerously said:

Nakamura vs Dillinger could be a lot of fun. I was hoping we'd get it before Swagsuke gets called up or Dillinger gets future endeavored.

From what I understand Dillinger is kind of a player/coach in Orlando, so I don't think he's going anywhere.  This match was super fun, because Dillinger's gimmick is probably the perfect foil for Nakamura.  Dillinger knows how to work the crowd, and his character is both easy to cheer and easy to mock.  I don't know if I'd describe him as over with the crowd, because I don't think anyone wants him pushed up the card, but he got really good reactions.  The crowd chants during this match are great.  

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic