DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For April 6, 2016... err... NOW 4/13 SHOW

RIPPA

Per WON

Here's some notes from today's NXT tapings as part of Fan Axxess. Three weeks worth of tapings were held in a different part of the Bailey Kay Hutchison Center as the show the night before. It's clear that a lot of stuff will be added between backstage and probably a lot of videos from the TakeOver shows as they didn't tease much in the way of future directions.

4/6 show

- Asuka beat Eva Marie.  This was to set up Asuka vs. Nia Jax as a title program as they had a staredown.

- Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson beat two wrestlers who weren't named, possibly Scott Matthews & Scott Parker from Quebec.

- Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley beat Blake & Murphy.  No Alexa Bliss with Blake & Murphy. Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson jumped The Hype Bros after the match so that looks to be a new program.

- Carmella beat Aliyah

- Shinsuke Nakamura beat Elias Samson

Per PWI

The 4/6 episode:

Asuka beat Eva Marie.  Nia Jax came out and they faced off.

The Revival won a squash.

The Hype Bros. beat Blake and Murphy.

Carmella made Aliyah submit.

Shinsuke Nakamura beat Elias Samson

On 4/5/2016 at 4:32 AM, Norwegian Rudo said:

Not sure these dates are going to be accurate. They needed to fill 4 weeks and only taped 3. I would suspect April 6th is the Crews vs Drifter + Takeover/Access highlights.

Yes - they are showing Crews/Drifter tonight.

The spoilers from the WON even indicate that more will be added to fill out shows. (It is also possible they might not air things - like remember they taped things before Brooklyn that ended up never being aired)

1 hour ago, Patrick B. said:

Nice heel work from Drifter, I thought.  Definitely his best in-ring performance to date.  Glad they had plenty of time to work.

Wow, I'm going to say the exact opposite because Crews was supposed to be this world beater and by struggling to beat Sampson, they both looked pitiful.  No Crews match should go more than five minutes.  He should come in, kick ass,and leave.  Instead he just agrees to sell beyond the call of duty and it hurts him in the long run.  He's Booker T 2016.

I'll agree that Crews' previous matches were a bit too much in the give-and-take department; he should have been squashing people.  If he had been doing that and then had this match, it would have gotten Samson over as a tough test, if nothing else.

Crews is such an uninteresting worker I'm kind of glad he got called up. Drifter tried with some solid heel work. The thing I like about NXT heels is that you can tell that they're going out of their way not to do fancy stuff that will pop the crowd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JCM said:

Crews is such an uninteresting worker I'm kind of glad he got called up. Drifter tried with some solid heel work. The thing I like about NXT heels is that you can tell the they're going out of their way not to do fancy stuff that will pop the crowd.

I remember when Kevin Owens brought "Chinlock City" into NXT.  It got over during a match and he got so pissed that he had to transition out of it.

He is basically a guy who was really good looking so he always got girls in high school.  At some point he found himself in a place were everyone was good looking and he realized he had no game at all and has no idea what to say to girls.  So he just stands there smiling and hoping someone finds him attractive enough to sleep with him before they realize he doesn't have anything to say.  He's a decent to good wrestler in a place where everyone is a good to great wrestler.  He's going to have to either figure out how to improve quickly or he's going to end up dating that funny looking girl from his hometown he was always cool with, but was never really attracted to.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

He's going to have to either figure out how to improve quickly or he's going to end up dating that funny looking girl from his hometown he was always cool with, but was never really attracted to.  

I am going to assume that is an analogy for DG, and I applaud you, sir.

I'm glad Austin Aries addressed being the most polarizing in wrestling because I hate him. His facial hair is awful and he keeps on referring to himself in the third person. Ugh. What a dope.

I loved the AA and Bayley promos. They were so heartfelt and real. Bayley's was more in-character (I'm sure she doesn't really care that much about losing the title) but it was well spoken and put Asuka over huge. I loved Finn's promo, too. Great stuff making Joe's ascent inevitable.

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

I'm glad Austin Aries addressed being the most polarizing in wrestling because I hate him. His facial hair is awful and he keeps on referring to himself in the third person. Ugh. What a dope.

Ah! Mark!

• Like 1

Crews has a million dollar look and a million dollar move set, but in today's wrestling landscape not only does that not get you very far with the fans. Its actually a detriment. As a face, people want to see vulnerability. Crews tries but it isn't working. I don't know how much of that is his fault. Everything he does looks like it comes so easy. He's much more suited to being a heel.

I am the biggest Apollo Crews stan on this board and have liked him since I saw him doing flips and jumps and tumbles with ease in an EVOLVE match a couple years back, but his problem is that he has the looks of a babyface and the ease-of-athleticism and taunts ("TOO EASY!" "GOTCHA!") of a cocky heel. That's a big part of why he's not coming across as good as he might. Then again, Finn Bálor and Seth Rollins are two guys with middling charisma who get by on their athleticism, and they're doing fine. 

I do think that he should have had a short run as a cocky heel in NXT before coming up, though. 

The recaps were fun, especially the post match with Finn and Nakamura.

Crew and Samson bore the ever loving shit out of me. With Crews, it's the white meat baby face with no one to hate angle. Magnum TA would have been the shits without Tully Blanchard or Nikita. Elias Samson isn't Tully Blanchard or the Russian Nightmare. He's a guy with a guitar and a scarf. I don't hate Samson's in-ring work. As another poster put it, at worst, he's solid in the ring. His gimmick however is the drizzling shits. I think a repackage for Samson is in order.

26 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

The recaps were fun, especially the post match with Finn and Nakamura.

Crew and Samson bore the ever loving shit out of me. With Crews, it's the white meat baby face with no one to hate angle. Magnum TA would have been the shits without Tully Blanchard or Nikita. Elias Samson isn't Tully Blanchard or the Russian Nightmare. He's a guy with a guitar and a scarf. I don't hate Samson's in-ring work. As another poster put it, at worst, he's solid in the ring. His gimmick however is the drizzling shits. I think a repackage for Samson is in order.

I don't like the gimmick either, but he gets nuclear heat live.  In a world where most heels get cheered, you kind of need a guy or two on the roster who is going to get booed no matter who he is in the ring with.  Between him and Eva Marie, NXT has a couple of true heels that will get booed in every single building in the country.