DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: Dallas.

The Natural

Bayley passing out played off of the Holm/Tate finish at UFC 196.

As everyone said what a fucking show and if Shane was watching I bet he will try to kill himself even more now then before the show.

Hopefully Shane doesn't die trying to top these matches.

If there is a god or justice or karma in the 'verse, Vince, after that show, locked him and creative in a room with a pile of meth to work through until Sunday morning to rebook every thing they can.

Best case, he looks up to Trips to say "Save my show?"

Trips smiles down to Vince and says "No."

But there is really nothing I can add you guys haven't except after being a wrestling fan for 30 plus years I have NEVER seen anything like that, ever. Holy fuck.

• Like 3

NXT TAKEOVER: DALLAS 4/1/16 REPORT

Spoiler

A mysterious and generous benefactor granted me a view of this so here goes. 

Tag match: Only caught the end, looked great from the replays. 

Hey there's Ibushi! Was that really Tajiri next to him?

Austin Aries/Baron Corbin: Jesus fuck Corbin is huge. I dig him bullying Aries. Crowd is not happy with the nerve hold though. Corbin's shit-talking is pretty great. Aries starts to fight dirty with the rabbit hits behind the head which is fitting and Corbin's selling after still hitting his move on the floor was equally fitting. Sadly the match ends up super flat with the rollup. I expect this to reoccur later on. Never seen much of Aries and nothing from Corbin and I'd like to see Corbin after he works some more time in NXT. Aries, well, he worked good from under but I didn't see anything too special aside from taking a good beating. 

Shinsuke Nakamura/Sami Zayn: Sami's theme needs to be way more ska (replace those keys with horns). Swagsuke's is dead-on perfect. 

Good lord what a match... I never thought I'd see some freaked-out indy dream match in WWE with the fucking former IWGP champion vs. El Generico. Dunno how it'll be in retrospect but that was fantastic. Some of the first forearms were stiffer than the big exchange (which was so New Japan it hurt... literally). Great counters, great work, Sami looked like he was def. moving up the card and sad to be doing so, Nakamura looked like he'll be following him like a virus. My eyes were glued to the screen the whole time. That was a really good IWGP Intercontinental match held in America with a bunch of fans that could have shut up a whole lot more. 

Asuka vs. Bayley: Asuka (another person I've seen nothing of) is the new Akira Hokuto, straight up. That mask is terrifying and the joy of impending violence in her eyes and smile is even moreso. Poor happy shiney Bayley. 

Bayley (and this is just after watching two matches of her, one of them being this) could sell hellfire to Satan and walk away with a pile of cash. That definitely works in her favor as Asuka hits a better Boma Ye than Nakamura and is game for anything she can dish out (which, btw, she needs to tighten up on IMO. Nothing wrong with her offense, it's just that if she has a match with a worker like Kana she should look at least equal in that respect. And this is me never seeing a match with Kana before either). At last the crowd shuts up for most of the match and watches, which they should. Dunno how y'all deal with these Full Sail crowds; appears they flew to Brooklyn. Great finish and the people react appropriately. I feel bad for the lil' fan-gal that freaked out and will probably end up being the new Bailey because damn. 

Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor: Joe has some pimp-ass music too! Meanwhile Prince Devitt comes out. Hey Devitt, you know the difference between Dead from Mayhem and some asshole from Dimmu Borgir? No, you clearly don't. Fuck off.

Nothing against Cody (or Devitt for that matter) but this is like Vader vs. Stardust. Joe looks like an angry god in this match. Balor, well... wash that shit off and come back as a babyface so you can be John Morrison/Spanky/Kofi 2.4. Also, where did that Kawada reference come from? Sheer blue sky far as I know. Seriously, if you are gonna put some paint on, look threatening. Don't look like a cosplayer at Comicon. And wrestle like you can do something serious to a guy that looks like a Mac Truck veering out of control at you.

And that is my drunken perusal. G'night to ya

As said, how ironic was it that Drake Younger was halting a match for bleeding! 

When Joe threw Balor over the rails I thought we were going to get Joe / Necro on a PPV scale,  Monsterous Joe is a thing of beauty and one of my favourite things in wrestling.  Honestly fuck TNA for their use of him over the last 5 years.

Asuka must have voted for Sasha in March Madness, she was as vicious as Joe at times.

The tag match was great, all 4 guys are fantastic.

Nak v Sami is match of the year already. 

No way Wrestlemania beats that.

Had work at 9am (Irish time) got up at 3am just to see Nak/Zayn and it was honestly one of the greatest things ive ever witnessed as a wrestling fan. Just absolutely insane stuff.

Nakamura is a star already, as someone mentioned earlier he should be used sparingly like Lesnar. 

Vince needs to call Jerry to cancel Mania because there is nothing on the show topping that match.

re: Baron's nerve hold

That was mother fucking perfect

They need to cool down the crowd and Baron doing his indy star and thus by proxy indy crowd hater gimmick made it perfect

"Oh you wanna see your big indy darling in a spotfest? Well fuck you - here is an extended nerve hold!"

• Like 9

I rarely go on my computer on a weekend but had to make an exception here...What a fuckin' show!!!

Best WWE Match this year in Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn. Love the music, lights and video in Nakamura's entrance, especially the music. Glad WWE's kept Shinsuke's signature red/black look. Crowd was hot as for this match, one of the most into a match in WWE ever.

Liked Asuka vs. Bayley but need to rewatch it with it going on after the above. Crossface Chicken Wing is one of my favourite submissions ever and it was the right finish for Bayley losing the NXT Women's Championship, going out rather than giving up.

Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor for the NXT Championship was a physical match but Joe shoulda won unless he's getting the call to go to the main roster. Chcukling at Joe bealing Balor onto the security guard in the front row.

Really enjoyable opener in the Revival vs. American Alpha match with American Alpha winning the NXT Tag Team Championship. What a way to start the event.

If I can amend the famous Mr T quote...I pity WrestleMania XXXII following this!!!

• Like 1

I'm curious how Nakamura is going to do on the main roster. They are really going to have to reel him in.

For instance, Nak put together a super-stiff flurry of kicks and stomps after he tasted his own blood. (Cool visual that the announcers missed). Do you think he will be allowed to deliver Pride-esque stomps to Roman Reigns? Not a chance. 

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't want to keep piling on WrestleMania but there might not be a match on the card that is better than AA and Revival.  I could see AJ and Jericho doing it.  Maybe Brock and Ambrose if they are going all out insane. I'm not sure how much time Sasha/Charlotte/Becky will get.

There was a report yesterday that their time allotted had been upped from 12 to 20 minutes.

This has been my first complete NXT event and probably the first complete WWE event I´ve watched in 2 years (watched the Mania 30 Daniel Bryan Story unfold). I really loved the stuff in ring and how there were only a few vignettes and hype up videos. No 6 minute + backstage segments with whacky comedy or nonsensical talking. Corbin looked great and got me into a match wanting him to be defeated against sb I´m not really into. Swagsuke vs Sami, Bailey vs Asuka and Joe vs Baelor were great matches. The tag opener was amazing and showed how much entertainment tag bouts can bring. With both teams seemingly not having face each other before however, I was amazed to see them go all out the way they did. There were a few opportunities for perfect setups for a string of rematches in there. I was under a similar impression for the final stretch for Baelor vs Joe, which would have been an amazing stretch to set up a series hadn´t Baelor kicked out of the muscle buster, but rather just avoided being hit with it altogether.

Still, amazing to watch and entertaining top to bottom. Definetly going to check out more NXT in the future, not just particular matches.

• Like 1