DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wagons 3-28-16

MGFanJay

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

WWE right now is like Jason Voorhees in Jason Goes to Hell, where Jason as we know him doesn't appear for most of the movie. WWE is the coroner that was hypnotized by, then ate Jason's still beating heart. WWE ate WCW's heart, so what we're seeing is actually WCW using WWE as its host body. 

This... makes no sense.  So I can only conclude you're a WWE writer?  Have you had the job long?

1 hour ago, JohnnyJ said:

You can't just ignore that Roman is getting booed almost night in/night out for over a year now. You have to acknowledge it and somehow use it. Ignoring it get you nowhere because your lead face looks like an idiot and the heel/face dynamic is thrown off.

To be fair - the reports are that Reigns is cheered regularly at the house shows so I think Vince just convinces himself that it is just specific crowds trying to get themselves over.

Of course - there was that whole thing yesterday that I saw Wade Keller (through retweets) make a big deal out of which was Roman basically saying he is marketing himself to the kids and women and he doesn't care if the 30 year olds in the crowd cheer him. So of course all the 30 year olds were pissy that he would say that

They're looking for who will be the best brand ambassador and not who will be the biggest wrestling draw.

Look at what they've been doing with Stephanie lately in the press and all these fluff pieces on ABC, CBS, Rachel Ray, etc. What happens on their own TV doesn't really matter as long as they have someone who can represent the brand the way they want in their latest attempt for mainstream acceptance.

Roman's pretty much clean, has a story they can pitch and looks like what they want people to think a WWE superstar looks like. Imagine trying to pitch Dean Ambrose to a talk show. He's skinny, wrestles in jeans, has terrible hair, and his background is that he used to wrestle in ultra violent death matches.

The problem with the Roman appeals to kids argument is that kids are idiots. If you force fed them Alex Riley for 2+ years, you'd have groups of 7 year olds running around elementary school screaming "say it to my faaaacccceee!!!'" Reigns is not a kid friendly act like a Cena. His appeal is his push.

Serious question: is he more over with kids than Sheamus was during his face run?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

If you force fed them Alex Riley for 2+ years, you'd have groups of 7 year olds running around elementary school screaming "say it to my faaaacccceee!!!'"

Thank God for Cena putting the kibosh on THAT push.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - the reports are that Reigns is cheered regularly at the house shows so I think Vince just convinces himself that it is just specific crowds trying to get themselves over.

Of course - there was that whole thing yesterday that I saw Wade Keller (through retweets) make a big deal out of which was Roman basically saying he is marketing himself to the kids and women and he doesn't care if the 30 year olds in the crowd cheer him. So of course all the 30 year olds were pissy that he would say that

Keller hopping on a story = me giving the other side a chance.  Because that dude is annoying as fuck.

Thing is, Reigns didn't put down male fans in general.  He was noting that the ones getting drunk and acting a nut at shows are doing so in front of kids and in today's WWE, you'll get thrown out of the arena for that. Because they want to promote their product as family friendly; drunk dudes screaming obscenities and throwing garbage at wrestlers doesn't jive with that.

On some level, Vince isn't wrong about some of these crowds.  I get that the 6-man tag ran way too long, but it featured guys the 'smarks' say they like and respect.  So even if the match dragged, the crowd would have been better served not trying to do the wave.  Which Owens apparently shut down during a commercial break.  Bless that man and his good work.

5 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

This... makes no sense.  So I can only conclude you're a WWE writer?  Have you had the job long?

Jason Goes to Hell strayed from the rest of the series as it introduced relatives we never knew Jason had, plus introducing the fact that Jason can transfer from host bodies until he was reborn via another Voorhees. That was New Line doing something different with the franchise after taking it over from Paramount. WWE killed WCW, ate its heart, so what we're seeing now is WCW at its worst type storylines and booking. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Bearer would have passed that on to Kane.  Demon Kane, Corporate Kane, Concessions Kane, Real Life Insurance Kane, Funeral Home Kane (no Katie Vick).  He's WWE's renaissance man!

I'm still waiting for Funkadactyl Kane.

• Like 1

I think Dave is out of his mind. They played up that Eva was proud of herself for performing a hair takedown and then the other divas looked at her like "what the fuck? Uh, okay I guess.."  they wanted no part of her but she is delusional and thinks they all like her.  I felt for once..  WWE knew exactly what they were doing.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

WWE right now is like Jason Voorhees in Jason Goes to Hell, where Jason as we know him doesn't appear for most of the movie. WWE is the coroner that was hypnotized by, then ate Jason's still beating heart. WWE ate WCW's heart, so what we're seeing is actually WCW using WWE as its host body. 

Underrated post AND movie. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Also the first Triple H promo, that had to be the best promo he's done in years. He channeled some Ric Flair mid 80's right there. It's a shame he's going to lose. Screw Vince's plans for Roman. Triple H as this reinvigorated champion is way more interesting than anything else

Agreed as well. I want more HHH taking on all challengers matches like vs. Ambrose and vs. Ziggler.

36 minutes ago, Patrick B. said:

I'm cool with 2000-era HHH putting on good matches.  I'd be okay with HHH sticking around active competition in an in-character vain attempt to prove that he is still at the same level.

Well you finally slipped up and revealed your true identity, Max Landis.  

This Wrestlemania is gonna be such a shitshow. The highlight might be Flair facing off with Snoop Dogg.

That said, it will still be better than that flaming pile of shit Jason Goes to Hell. I marathon as many as F13s as I can every Friday the 13th, but that fucking garbage never gets any play. Damn the 90s sucked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

This Wrestlemania is gonna be such a shitshow. The highlight might be Flair facing off with Snoop Dogg.

I hope Snoop Dogg is the fourth man in the New Day vs. LON match.

• Like 1