DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] FINALS: SASHA BANKS vs. BAYLEY

RIPPA

[MM16] FINALS: SASHA BANKS vs. BAYLEY  

142 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE THE WINNER OF MARCH MADNESS 2016

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Dewar said:

I voted Bailey, but holy fuck, we screwed this tournament up this year. And by we, I mean most of you.

Says the man who spelled Bayley's name wrong

• Like 4

I voted Sasha, but I will say that Bayley took one of the most insane bumps I can remember seeing that someone could still get up and walk away from.

I'm hoping for a tie, but I think we all know that's not going to happen.

52 minutes ago, JCM said:

When both were in the same environment in NXT I preferred Sasha's work. I know people say it's harder to be a babyface today than heel, but I don't think that's true in NXT. I feel it's harder to be a heel in NXT when the fans know you're good. It's very very close, but The Boss get's my vote.

It's one thing to be a babyface. It's another matter entirely to be an Ivory Soap 99 44⁄100% pure babyface, and Bayley straddles that line marvelously. It's the type of act that will get her eaten alive if/when she goes north, to be fair, but it would be incredibly unfair to judge her year based on something that may never happen.

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's one thing to be a babyface. It's another matter entirely to be an Ivory Soap 99 44⁄100% pure babyface, and Bayley straddles that line marvelously. It's the type of act that will get her eaten alive if/when she goes north, to be fair, but it would be incredibly unfair to judge her year based on something that may never happen.

Considering how harshly some are judging Sasha's main roster run, I think it's more than fair to consider how Bayley would translate in that environment.

Sasha was so completely screwed over by the way they brought her up.  They had Steph introduce her while tacking her onto a third wheel of a team.  She was not given a clearly defined role.  She was background noise for a fucking Bella feud. They did all this while also protecting her W/L record because they know how special she is.  Think about that for a moment, they knew they had something special, but they still brought her up that way. 

When both Sasha and Bayley were in the same environment, Sasha was better.  That's really what this all boils down to for me.  If you wan't to vote on who spent more time in a better situation then go for it, but I'll vote for the better pro wrestler.  

It's better to vote for actual output than for What Ifs. Bayley showed improvement as the year went on, even within the NXT environment. She was a cornerstone for the chance of NXT into a touring brand. People pay money to root for her like every great babyface in history. Sasha had a chance to shine, to break down all sorts of barriers and it was business as usual, and what a miserable business that was. 

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Sasha had a chance to shine, to break down all sorts of barriers and it was business as usual, and what a miserable business that was. 

You really lost me there. The fans in Brooklyn were hotter for Sasha when that match started.

• Like 1

Yeah, the entire main roster is miserable business.  Sasha is the best part of the 3 best NXT matches in the voting period.  Quality over quantity.  

It's better to vote for actual output, says the guy who is clearly voting his bracket for some imaginary internet prize.  Or do yall give out actual prizes for that?  I wouldn't know because the whole idea is super lame.

• Like 1

I meant on the main roster. They were given time. We were talking on PWO about Cesaro the other day, because people who were more casual didn't understand why he was so revered, because he just seemed like a power spot guy. 

Jingus came in with this reply:

Jingus, on 24 Mar 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

Cesaro, by WWE standards, should have never gotten as over as he did. A generic foreign heel, with no promo ability, with a very average look, with no gimmick beyond Wrestley McStrongman? There's no fucking way that guy should become popular with the crowd. It's a testament to Cesaro's talent, effort, and intelligence that he still conceived and executed a method to get over anyway.

And yeah, that's a point. Cesaro got over. He showed that it was possible even when it was highly improbable. Sasha floundered for months. 

3 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Yeah, the entire main roster is miserable business.  Sasha is the best part of the 3 best NXT matches in the voting period.  Quality over quantity.  

Just because you keep saying this doesn't make it true

10 minutes ago, Matt D said:

And yeah, that's a point. Cesaro got over. He showed that it was possible even when it was highly improbable. Sasha floundered for months. 

How long did it take Cesaro to get over? It took Bryan a long time to get over. Was Sasha supposed to get massively over in 3 months wrestling random six man tags, and being left out of matches in towns they knew would be hot for her?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JCM said:

How long did it take Cesaro to get over? It took Bryan a long time to get over. Was Sasha supposed to get massively over in 3 months wrestling random six man tags, and being left out of matches in towns they knew would be hot for her?

There were some pretty good "We Want Sasha" chants going on during that period, and she got one of the biggest Diva pops in a while at Royal Rumble.

Just now, nofuture said:

There were some pretty good "We Want Sasha" chants going on during that period, and she got one of the biggest Diva pops in a while at Royal Rumble.

Exactly, most of the time when they were holding her back the women's matches were getting we want Sasha chants. Zayn hasn't been over for shit on the main roster, and Breeze is painfully un over. I think Sasha has done a good job getting over with what she's had to work with.

The idea that Sasha has had a chance to "break down all sorts of barriers" on the main roster is laughable. She hasn't even worked a one on one match on ppv yet.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I was fairly positive that supremebve was drawing a dick... which for March Madness would have been fairly tame

I keep all of my dick drawings private, thank you very much.  What kind of man do you think I am?

Just now, supremebve said:

I keep all of my dick drawings private, thank you very much.  What kind of man do you think I am?

one who is old school enough to draw pictures of his dick

It's the 21st century - buy a camera phone

Sasha did get protest chants, to be fair. It didn't really translate to people being engaged when she was in there, but it was a high hill to climb. 

I actually came into Brooklyn worried that the crowd would be so pro-Sasha, given the location and temperament, and the fact that heels are a lot easier to cheer for in 2016 for smarky crowds, so it's a testament to both of them that Bayley was as over as a face as she was.

• Like 1