DVDVR Message Board

The MST3K Thread

Ellsworth Toohey

• 3 weeks later...

Twitch is running a bunch of experiments today that haven't been streamed before. So far I've seen "Prince of Space" and "The Dead Talk Back."

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Control said:

It’s pretty rough so far.

Yeah. I'm wondering how much lead time they had to work on this... I mean it's rough trying to riff on what's now become a comedy to begin with, but they're just sitting around twiddling their thumbs and trying to work their own jokes in without tromping on the original lines.

I don’t think they had much prep time, but they, uh, aren’t bringing a lot to the table.

I wonder if they use the RiffTrax method: cut up each film into like 15-20 minute chunks and assign a writer to each section, then come together and patch it together, punch-up the riffs, etc. Seems efficient.

EDIT: Do they know they aren’t muted during the 2 minute breaks?

Edited by Control

• 2 weeks later...

Today I learned that the current U.S. Ambassador to Denmark starred in a movie that was featured on MST3K.

She played the twin princesses in Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, Episode 703.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I wonder if that means Arrow licensed them back to Shout (Shout used to have to Gamera license, which is how they were able to put the five on DVD, but lost it years ago.)

I know Shout helped Arrow out with various features for the new Gamera box, so maybe this is the payback.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Ace said:

Joel announced that he's launching a new MST3K kickstarter tomorrow.

Where are you seeing this?

EDIT: Never mind! Found the Kickstarter page.

Edited by Control