DVDVR Message Board

The MST3K Thread

Ellsworth Toohey

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

According to EW, Felicia Day is most likely the new mad. Baron Vaughn and Hampton Yount are the new bots. Also, I don't really get the Hardwick hate.

I find Chris Hardwick to be the closest analogue to the kid in high school who proclaims his love for every cool thing as loudly as possible in a desperate attempt to fit in.

Casting Felecia Day interests me, even though I barely know who she is.  Only thing I've ever seen her in is a few random episodes of Supernatural, but my wife and I both enjoyed her memoir (my teenage daughter read it, got her mom to read it, her mom talked me into reading it). 

My daughter says it's a good choice.

Are the two guys voicing the robots anyone special?  Baron Vaughn had a role on a USA drama a few years ago (Fairly Legal, the Sarah Shahi legal drama), but he had a relatively small role and didn't get a chance to show much.

Despite having listened to probably at least a dozen episodes of Nerdist, I couldn't pick this Jonah Ray fellow out of a lineup if my life depended on it. I was tremendously excited to hear about Felicia participating, but that lasted for like three seconds until I started trying to imagine her as the villain of the new show. Yeah, why the fuck would you cast her as the heel? She'd work infinitely better as the new host.

EDIT: and oh yeah, anyone wanting to familiarize themselves with her work would be recommended to check out her webseries The Guild. (Her costarring in Joss Whedon's online mini-movie Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog would be another fine choice.)

Man, if 20 something me saw an image of 40 something me watching a Turkey Day Marathon on a tablet in the crapper with bluetooth ear buds while avoiding the in-laws, he would have been like "THE FUTURE LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!"

...and he would have been right.

...and why is this not how they advertise the iPad?

Today's announcement from Joel:

• Since they've now received enough for 6 episodes, he's in negotations with execs to broadcast the episodes (6 and beyond, since this is meant to be a full re-launch, not a one-time thing.)
  • He's finally now making formal offers to the previous castmembers for involvement. At least one (Trace Beaulieu) seems to have gone poorly, since Trace has gone so far as to remove Joel from twitter. (Joel seems to be doing a lot of these via Twitter, as it's been posted that's how he invited Day & Oswalt)
  • Preview of the new shirt: ShirtPreview.jpg?format=1000w
  •