DVDVR Message Board

The MST3K Thread

Ellsworth Toohey

It’s Lady Mads night! QUEST OF THE DELTA KNIGHTS with MaryJo, Felicia, Synthia and Megasynthia.

EDIT: Mary Jo announced as a writer and performer for season 13.

Edited by Control

With today's announcement, there are now 2 1/2 casts. hosted by both Jonah and Emily seperately, and if there's enough put in, Joel will host 1-2 episodes. There's also the standard invite to the Mads & Rifftrax crews.

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m assuming that if we get Joel episodes, it’ll be Josh Weinstein as Servo and Bill Corbett as Crow. Maybe Pearl will be their Mad.

GAMERA VS GUIRON and film title reveals today at 11:30 am Pacific.

So wait, we're getting Jonah with Felica and Patton as his Mads and Emily is seperate with Rebecca as her main Mad?  I'm on board.

Are the new Crow and Servo doing both crews, or is it fully 2 seperate crews (possibly 3 if we get the Joel episodes too)?

• Like 1

Each riffer has their own Tom and Servo. It’s not totally clear if Felicia will be the overall Mad (Joel said that Kinga is running multiple experiments at once) or if each crew will have their own Mad, but the presence of Yvonne (Mega Synthia from the Tour) and Mary Jo suggests that’s possible.

If you’re interested in the new crew, they riff a short at around 27:30 in this video:

Edited by Control
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 6:23 AM, Control said:

Each riffer has their own Tom and Servo. It’s not totally clear if Felicia will be the overall Mad (Joel said that Kinga is running multiple experiments at once) or if each crew will have their own Mad, but the presence of Yvonne (Mega Synthia from the Tour) and Mary Jo suggests that’s possible.

If you’re interested in the new crew, they riff a short at around 27:30 in this video:

An MST3K shared universe!

Kickstarter just passed $5 million.

EDIT: the dog woke me up early, and when I opened my browser, I saw that there was only $35k left to go before a full season. Should hit that well before the telethon starts at 6 pm Eastern. 

Edited by Control

Kickstarter just passed $5.5 million, meaning a fully funded, 12-episode season, with two new Joel episodes!

And there’s still a whole telethon to go!

E0yv7REXIAUBdUt?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Control

Might pledge some money for this. The Mac & Me episode from the Netflix series is an all timer for me. My whole family still quotes it. Dig the idea of Jonah having his crew and Emily having hers, if that's where they're going.

The only downside is that after we watch an episode it takes my youngest a week to stop riffing on regular movies we watch. He's funny but not that funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/4/2021 at 9:08 PM, Control said:

First two film reveals are Full Moon titles:

NIGHT HUNTERS (2019)

WHOA.

So, this movie was directed by a high school friend of mine, and I may or may not have a cameo in it from the day I visited the set.  (I am a bad friend and never watched the finished film, so I don’t know if I was cut lol.). I think it’s actually called DEMON SQUAD now, but it’s had a bunch of different names over the years.  When they were shooting, it was FULL MOON, INC.

What’s fascinating to me about this is that MST3K didn’t even let him know they were doing this.  He just found out about it through social media last night.  (He’s delighted.)

• Like 2

That’s amazing. I’ll keep an eye out for, uh ... Naito?

I used the title from IMDB, but they announced it as DEMON SQUAD. 

I assume MST3K just calls up Charlie Band and he gives them a good rate on anything they want. I think between them and Rifftrax, about 50% of the Full Moon catalogue has been riffed.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

So possible dumb question, apologies are they just going to release and distribute the show themselves? Rather than look for a streaming partner?

That's exactly it. No more Netflix or other third-party streamers... they'll have their own app/platform going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

That's exactly it. No more Netflix or other third-party streamers... they'll have their own app/platform going forward.

IMHO that's actually a great idea since they have a relatively big library to pull from (provided they can still use all those old episodes), and they could do like live shows ala Master Pancake or Rifftrax as specials and what not.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

RiffTrax just started something similar, for $5.99 you can stream movies and shorts to your tv via AirPlay or GoogleCast, and eventually an app. The riffs to mainstream flicks aren't included.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got an email last night inviting me to buy tickets for the Orlando stop of the MST3K "Time Bubble Tour" in January ...

Tour – The Time Bubble Tour (mst3klive.com)

The tour features Emily Marsh in the "Joel/Mike" role and the following film will be riffed ...

MAKING CONTACT -- the North American cut of the German movie JOEY directed by Roland Emmerich. 

• Like 1