DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] FINAL 4: MIL MUERTES vs BAYLEY

RIPPA

[MM16] FINAL 4 - MIL MUERTES vs. BAYLEY  

126 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I remember a few years ago when Brodus Clay got over in FCW with his Fall of Man unstoppable ass kicker gimmick. I don't want to diminish Mil, but I think it's easy to be a stoic ass kicker who has magic powers that make him a total bad ass. Mil has brought nice flourishes to the role and he should be commended for that, but Bayley has unironically gotten over as a pure, good thing in a world where all people want to see is shades of grey. 

Also, not for nothing, I'll take Bayley's top five matches this year over the same for Mil, and I don't think it's all that close. 

24 minutes ago, tromataker said:

I didn't want to make friendship bracelets with the Hulkster or play Barbies with Sting.

I watch wrestling to see scary people fuck each other up not wonder what rainbows are made of

It's an injustice that the Beach Blast 93 video with Cheatum and the kids playing volleyball with Sting and Davey isn't on youtube. That's very confusing.

I was going to explain to everyone how you were Cheatum and... just forget it.

I look at it like this:

Mil is fucking awesome and I love what he brings.  But at the end of the day it's Ricky Banderas with a death gimmick.  It's wonderful, but it's a character with excellent booking.

Bayley is as authentic as it gets, and you can tell that this is truly turned up a few notches.  Considering how she's written about this early in her life it's not hard to imagine she  envisioned stuff like what she's doing.

I'm a fan of authenticity, and for that alone Bayley is my pick over Mil.

As the champion of fair play, how can I not vote for Bayley? Easy, Ricky Banderas with a death monster gimmick pounding the shit out of all and sundry is almost the greatest thing ever. Pentagon jr. is the greatest thing ever, but it's close.

Damn, I just decided I should have voted for Prince Puma over Brock a couple rounds ago.  Puma could have beaten Bailey here I think, he was the best wrestler last year he had infreakincredible matches with everyone and totally dominated Lucha Underground Season 1.

20 minutes ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

Damn, I just decided I should have voted for Prince Puma over Brock a couple rounds ago.  Puma could have beaten Bailey here I think, he was the best wrestler last year he had infreakincredible matches with everyone and totally dominated Lucha Underground Season 1.

I doubt it, the love for Bayley here is outrageous.

I chose death incarnate instead of overrated incarnate.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

People now hating Bayley makes me laugh a bunch.

It's the three phases.  Someone is awesome when they are coming up and universally loved. Then they start falling out of favor... the contrarian tendencies kick in.  Then they become the "grizzled vet" and are loved again.

There's also the "this person really SUCKS" start to someone's career followed by the "you know.. so and so is PRETTY GOOD NOW"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

People now hating Bayley makes me laugh a bunch.

Look at where two of her last three opponents have been from and then consider Cris post from the other thread

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I doubt it, the love for Bayley here is outrageous.

I chose death incarnate instead of overrated incarnate.

Because no one thinks Lucha Underground is overrated 

36 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I finally decided to go with Mil.  I'm not a huge fan of either but Bailey's adult male fanbase skeeves me out. 

I know there's this rule 34 deal where everything in existence has some weird-as-fuck section of a fanbase to it.  But if you're going to vote against somebody because of something she has no control over then I don't know what to tell you.  I just feel there's better arguments to be made other than shit like that.

• Like 1