DVDVR Message Board

March 21, 2016: Raw is bewilderingly inept.

Iron Moose

So last week they could pin the blame on it being a shitty Pittsburgh crowd. What does Vince blame it on this week?

I'm stunned that so many things are going in the complete wrong direction at the same time in the lead up to Wrestlemania.

Owens/Styles was real good stuff, dug that a lot. Big E/Rusev was pretty good too. Definitely didn't expect the IC title ladder match to be quite that much of a cluster and include Zack Ryder. They managed to get 7 guys just like last year for it too.

I loved Owens and AJ just going balls out. The rest of the show was okay I suppose but two weeks away from WrestleMania and this doesn't feel like WM season. I said last week that more and more it's just like Vince said "tickets are sold, everyone is injured, what the fuck you want?"

But I feel even shit like the intercontinental title match has just been thrown together. The Miz, Dolph and Zayn all have history with Owens and they've built that up well but instead of running a fatal four way they throw Ryder, Stardust and Sin Cara in there for this year's ladder match..  so over ladder matches. 

The Andre Battle Royal wasn't discussed until tonight.

Still not really sure how Taker fits into this match with Shane. You can say he's simply been called upon I guess but it hasn't been compelling television 

New Day and League is thrown together, I expected more out of New Day for this year's show given how huge they've been on RAW all year

Even the women only got like 5 minutes. 

Then they figure hey, let's throw Braun Stroman out there who is still green as grass and have him close out the show with Dean Ambrose BUT no Lesnar on the show at all... 

What.

Gotta get Zack Ryder on the card. Thank God for that.

In defense, even if the three were somewhat jobbers, all three make some sense to fight in this match for the Intercontinental Title.

Stardust is one of the bigger-name midcarders who didn't have anything to do and makes sense fighting for the belt.

Sin Cara is finally getting to wrestle at a Wrestlemania card in a match, five years and one performer after his reign started and they have a chance to get something from it.

...and clearly, a few months ago our Dark Lord Satan appeared somewhere in Long Island, went to the house of Zack Ryder, and said that he made Emma fall in love with him, so now it was time for Ryder to give him his immortal soul, only for Ryder to say "Are you serious, bro? Our deal said I got a singles match at Wrestlemania too!", only for Satan to shrug his shoulders and say "Fine, but I don't know if it's in my power...give me a few months.

Clearly this is Zack's reward from Triple H for babysitting Mojo for the last 6 months.

Also, Ryder's probably the best he's ever been in the ring right now. He's been tearing up the C-shows and he's clearly been working hard to improve us physique. Hard not to be pleased for the guy

• Like 4

Uh oh. Luke Harper had to be helped to the back by Bray and Strowman and two trainers after RAW went off the air. Might be a leg injury.

This is a shitty version of it (there is a better version but I couldn't get the video to load)

It is about 10 seconds in. What is worse - it appears to be "Non-contact" as he is punching Reigns in the corner and his leg just buckles

I kept falling asleep during Raw last night. Don't know if it was the show or something else. I have part of it on the DVR so I can at least watch that. Owens/AJ was such a great match. It really got a long time which did seem amazing.

After that I started losing the ability to stay awake. Don't know if it was the show or what. I missed the Vince thing. That just seems so dumb. Sounds like something he came up with on the day of the show. UHHH WHAT THE HELL CAN I DO TO MAKE THIS INTERESTING, I KNOW IF TAKER LOSES HE RETIRES. This story makes no sense what so ever and it's because of the Captain of the ship which would be him.

Man, those Shane hype segments were great. Well-produced, right tone, featured celebrity (wrestling and MMA-wise at least) talking heads, made me really think that guy was a big deal.

Imagine if they could do that for someone with a last name other than McMahon.

Gotta get Zack Ryder on the card. Thank God for that.

Stardust is one of the bigger-name midcarders who didn't have anything to do and makes sense fighting for the belt.

Weren't they trying to put together Stardust vs Stephen Amell one on one for Mania at one point?

• Like 1

Is the IC title match going to be on Mania or on the pre-show?  It has a ladder in it, so that makes it seem like it'll be on the actual show.  But then it also has Ryder in it, and that screams pre-show.

Most likely it will open the main show like last year