DVDVR Message Board

March 21, 2016: Raw is bewilderingly inept.

Iron Moose

I can't even.

So on the bright side, AJ/Owens. On the other hand, it's a Smackdown rerun. Charlotte/Nattie, a Roadblock rerun (and the too-little-too-late attempts to rebuild Natural Selection for a Mania near fall).

The IC title isn't being done many favors by this booking either.

New Day begin (or continue?) to flounder, and I'm still not clear on why I should care about them and the League at Mania. 

... a stipulation that continues to back the crowd into a corner for 'taker/Shane.

... the continued fiction of the Wyatts mattering...

Edited by Iron Moose

They found a way to make an Undertaker retirement stip seem completely meaningless tonight. Also, Steph cut Kevin Steen's balls off, while Roman got to keep his briefly...until he kicked HHH's ass like a coward. SuperRoman's Pal Dean survived against Braun thanks to weapons, and we got a nice Terry Funk cameo that I guess set up Dean beating Brock Lesnar with a chainsaw at WM.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/03/wwe-raw-3-21-16.html

Screens - 

4c1b31473083887.jpg 

74d1fc473080573.jpg 

71f4ff473080586.jpg 

918c38473083890.jpg 

35dcec473089832.jpg 

6e782c473089876.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0gqroep47zt3ms23prmzsie1v2f1w2ux

Jesus the run ins...

Roman is booked like a killer (like he always should have been) and the most they get is "meh".

And Dean is sent out there to die in front of a hostile Philly crowd and gets "meh."

Hell, we found out Shane/Taker is for Taker's career, and yet, "meh."

Cause that's what we get.  

When you get a "This is Boring" chant in Philadelphia for former CZW wrestler Dean Ambrose, you really have to tip the cap on some truly to book shit 

This Hell in the Cell at WM is going to be a complete freak show mess but I can't wait.   Shane McMahon getting MMA training from a Gracie and yet has the worst punches in the history of the business.  I do agree with others that this might actually be the main event of the show

And according to my twitter, Luke Harper might torn his ACL in a 60 second dark match as well.  Well good thing they couldn't find shit to do with the Wyatts I guess given that Bray is also supposed to be hurt

Roman looked slightly better tonight, if only because most of the other babyfaces had their heat killed (Ambrose in the main event) or did "meh" material which weakened their stuff (AJ, New Day). 

The Mania build for all the matches just feel like they have no momentum outside some of Owens' antics and some of the hardcore passing the torch stuff with Dean. 

Such odd booking. Fans either get stuck with The Authority or don't get anymore Taker. What do you root for?

Funker was great.

If I can fantasy-book for a moment: they have three shows left to make the fans want to see 'taker retire. Have him assault everyone and then do a mass run-in to Old Yeller him.

... this will probably not come to pass.

Shane McMahon getting MMA training from a Gracie and yet has the worst punches in the history of the business. 

Have you seen Royce Gracie throwing punches?

He's not very good at it.

• Like 1

Taker and Shane are totally going on last, aren't they?

They're totally building Shane's stunt up to the point where anything other than him jumping off the Jerry-Tron at AT&T Stadium will be disappointing.

Wherever outsider art is sold, look for the mark of Dean Ambrose!  The mark of quality desperation and integrity subnormalcy.

It's the hottest trend in high end hobo art!  Rare finds scattered across the countryside!!! Each sells for thousands to effete collectors in ritzy Manhattan galleries!!!!

You might mistake it for a series of clumsy gashes made by an uncoordinated lunatic with a chainsaw on park benches, bar stools, and Arby's drive-through speakers. But trained anthropologists will recognize in those crude cuts a simple code language that can be deciphered as containing one of the following messages:

-  "I'm hungry and broke. I wish I was dead. But today I am a man." - slashed into a church sign in Biloxi, MS - sold for $15,000 at the Agora Gallery.

- "Go to five-thirty East Lemon Avenue, Monrovia, California, for an easy handout..." - scratched into a construction sign in El Cerrito, CA - now in the hands of a private collector rumored to be a Du Pont.

- "I've come, twenty-seven hundred miles from Chi, Illinois -- Slept along the highway I smell like car" - sliced into a log flume car at Six Flags in Arlington, TX - up for auction at Christie's expected to start in the low 200 thousands.

• Like 14