DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] GREAT 8: BROCK LESNAR vs. MIL MUERTES

RIPPA

MM16: Great 8 - BROCK LESNAR vs. MIL MUERTES  

126 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Brock is not only in a worse place than he was a year ago, but the entire company is worse off for his presence. He's a human credibility gap, the 1% that makes everyone else on the roster look shittier in comparison, and a part-timer to boot.

Who's fault is that?  Hint: It's not Brock's. 

Yes, it is. He can actually make people look better. He can actually put someone over without losing the match. If Rey Mysterio put over Rico in what was supposed to be a squash match one time, Brock could do it for someone or anyone he has faced in the past year. But he didn't. The motivation of his matches is to survive him. Only another part timer stands a chance of actually beating him. He makes all offense save for chairshots seem ineffectual. Outside of Taker and sneak attacks, no one has put the guy down....except Reigns...and that was after 20 German Suplexes and it became clear that Brock was toying with him.

Brock's not the agent laying out his matches.  If someone wanted Brock matches to go 50/50 and for Brock to sell like Steamboat, I'm sure he would.  Blaming Brock for his booking and match layout is nonsensical.  Are you saying he should be in booking meetings protesting this stuff, begging to give Luke Harper a little more shine?  I just don't understand your argument.

Brock is booked to be a killer.  Does he portray that role well?  Good.  If your problem is with the role he's playing, that's the fault of the guys writing that role.  Bruce Willis isn't bad at acting because you didn't like the twist in The Sixth Sense.

I kind of just wanna see Brock Lesnar lose to a girl.

Note: This is 100% a fetish thing.  DEMOCRACY!!!!

I'm really afraid to read your Lesnar/Bailey apartment wrestling fanfic

jk pm it to me kthx

Sadly that asshole Rowling DMCA'd me for overuse of the words "fantastic" "beast" and "wand."

• Like 4

The thing with Brock is that people DO get shots in at him, especially at house shows. It just......doesn't feel significant in any way. Like, you may hit a few moves on Brock, but he'll just kick out of your finisher, suplex suplex suplex f5 bye. And personally I don't find that nearly as amusing as, like, Gary Albright UWFi squash matches

I voted Brock.  I couldn't decide who to choose because for all their strengths there were some glaring weaknesses that were hard to overlook.

So to figure out who to pick I just simmed a last man standing match in WWE 2K16 at the LU temple between the two.  Was one helluva match that would be an instant classic in real life, but Brock's F5 on the announce table was the move that kept Mil down.  I should have recorded/shared it.

But as silly as it is, it was a high-tech equivalent of the ol' coin flip, so Brock it is.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

C'mon, people! A vote for Muertes is a vote for CHANGE! (and real change not fake change like in that other election)

Banderas started wrestling before Brock did. I am not sure how this is change. :)

59 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Voted Brock, since most of the Muertes supporters also seem to be homophobes

"Well you tell that ..."

To print what Brock Lesnar said might make even John Rocker blush. But after his curse-laden outburst, he turned to a nearby reporter and explained, "I don't like gays. Write that down in your little notebook. I don't like gays."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1830855

• Like 2

• RIPPA locked this topic