DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] GREAT 8: BROCK LESNAR vs. MIL MUERTES

RIPPA

MM16: Great 8 - BROCK LESNAR vs. MIL MUERTES  

126 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

He had a good AAA match in the period, I just forget what the fuck it was.  Like I actively avoid AAA Parka matches and I think he was feuding with him most of the year.

Met him Sunday and told him how much I enjoy his work and that he's the next AAA Mega Champion

Met him Sunday and told him how much I enjoy his work and that he's the next AAA Mega Champion

You value your life.

What else what you going to say to him?

He had a good AAA match in the period, I just forget what the fuck it was. Like I actively avoid AAA Parka matches and I think he was feuding with him most of the year.

Having watched a few Parka matches just now as research, I can see why.

I get people who vote for Brock Lesnar. He makes grown men fly. He is terrifying and everything about his persona just reeks of "holy shit." Every time Brock appears, it is the shining moment of the night.

But Mil Muertes is proof that you can take a typical brawler and make him the scariest person ever. That sheer stage presence and an awesome persona can cover up his faults. I remember the Triple Threat(non voting period I think) in which Puma was celebrating after a dive and Muertes was in the crowd for some reason. You can see him slowly make his way down the steps towards an unaware Puma and  as soon as Puma turned around, Mil popped that dude in the face like he stole a donkey from Georgia or some shit. And he did it so casually too. It exuded badass and it was thanks to his presentation that Mil is not to be fucked with. And sure, it's his gimmick, but we can say the same about Brock Lesnar because he obviously is not booked the same as everyone else in the roster. They thought they were going to make him human with Roman Reigns which anything short of a bullet would not have made me believe that someone could pin him let alone a Spear. Maybe a literal spear, but just maybe. And this is a guy that I saw get knocked out and submitted 3 times in actual combat.

I voted for Mil because the character is more dynamic's than Brock's. He is a powerful man who is submissive to his lady. He is privy to being jealous and shown vulnerability which lends to the Fenix feud. And his role in Lucha Underground shed light to the supernatural element in the show which is certainly harder to get over in today's wrestling that would shit on Papa Shango.

And also Grave Consequences. And the final Ultima Lucha match. And his match against Drago. 

All of which were better than that overhyped bullshit in Wrestlemania last year.

• Like 1

I don't really want to vote Brock, and I think Muertes probably had the better year, but again I think it's worth mentioning the levels of difficulty. If Brock was on Lucha Underground and basically got to be a real life version of Thanos I'm pretty sure this entire board would be pants free ever Wednesday. If Muertes had to look like a gump on Raw a few times a month and go 50/50 with Bray Wyatt and company, no one would care at all. 

• Like 1

Brock is not only in a worse place than he was a year ago, but the entire company is worse off for his presence. He's a human credibility gap, the 1% that makes everyone else on the roster look shittier in comparison, and a part-timer to boot. Mil, on the other hand, manages to elevate everything around him. He may have been a cog in the machine, but he was an invaluable one, and that machine helped to establish the tone for LU season 1, and then completely changed it for season 2. Anyone who gets a shot in on him looks better for managing it, even if they're about to get destroyed. You get a shot in on Brock and it doesn't matter in the least because it gets drowned out by the noise. 

• Like 2

Brock is not only in a worse place than he was a year ago, but the entire company is worse off for his presence. He's a human credibility gap, the 1% that makes everyone else on the roster look shittier in comparison, and a part-timer to boot.

Who's fault is that?  Hint: It's not Brock's. 

Brock is not only in a worse place than he was a year ago, but the entire company is worse off for his presence. He's a human credibility gap, the 1% that makes everyone else on the roster look shittier in comparison, and a part-timer to boot.

Who's fault is that?  Hint: It's not Brock's. 

This is the same guy who blamed Rollins for Reigns not being over.