DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] GREAT 8: SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. BECKY LYNCH

RIPPA

MM16: Great 8: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Becky Lynch  

116 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Becky also had a really good match with Bayley, but I think the bigger thing is that Becky's been the best women's performer on the WWE main roster all year, and that's including Sasha.

There's something to be said for degree of difficulty.

Becky also had a really good match with Bayley, but I think the bigger thing is that Becky's been the best women's performer on the WWE main roster all year, and that's including Sasha.

There's something to be said for degree of difficulty.

Becky has had more to work with than Sasha on the main roster.  Sasha was sort of handicapped from the beginning with how they built those stables. It is impressive that Becky was able to survive that initially awful storyline where she was clearly the 3rd wheel. 

I would vote Becky over Bayley, but definitely not over Sasha, Nakamura or Styles.

• Like 1

I would place Becky over Sasha for the top woman in this tournament because Becky's year was in a match where she was built like a babyface but had no shot of winning from a booking standpoint, lost and got herself wayyyy over in the process. Then she gets called up to WWE where she's cast as the third wheel to Paige and Charlotte while Sasha was positioned above Tamina and Naomi. Due to bad luck for the division Becky got her shot against Charlotte and get herself over as the only babyface on the roster, got Charlotte over as a heel, and did so well she got herself a Wrestlemania match for the Divas title when the plan was clearly Charlotte vs. Sasha.

Nakamura had a great year but spent the last bit of the voting period on the bench waiting for NXT to debut him. But damn is Nakamura really good. It will be interesting in how long he stays in NXT and what role he will have at this time next year.

Still I voted for Becky because her road to get where she is was a much harder one than Nakamura's road of having killer matches in New Japan all year long and being a top draw.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic