DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] GREAT 8: SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. BECKY LYNCH

RIPPA

MM16: Great 8: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Becky Lynch  

116 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

This is one of those matchups I'd consider posting the happy dance gif.  But we're in the final 4 here, so no dice on that.

I just can't vote yet, right now I'd hate having to vote one over the other.  I'm slightly leaning towards Becky and that's on the notion that she'll lose.  But fuck, it's Nakamura and I just can't vote against him yet.

Thankfully this goes a couple days.

[About Fred Astaire] "Sure he was great, but don't forget Ginger Rogers did everything he did backwards...and in high heels!" -- Bob Thaves 1982 © NEA Inc.

That Becky vs. Sasha match. Consider it and ask yourself who was Fred and who was Ginger. If you voted for Sasha, you can vote for Becky too.

I'm thinking on this one for a day. 

With that said, I'm glad that as this tournament has gone on I'm seeing more love for the Sasha/Becky match. I actually liked it better than Bayley/Sasha II.

Hey, the NXT women got to the final 8 due to the NOTICE ME SENPAI vote so let Shinsuke have his

You'd think the joshi wrestlers would get the weird fanbase but it has turned around to the point where you have real people in arenas carrying "Sasha is my waifu" signs:

tumblr_nzcyuxzpu71t3w7eio1_250.png

and the drooling in the MM threads.

March Madness has an awesome way of twisting everyone's logic and arguments around into some distorted version of the truth.

Like how the puro/indie/lucha snobs are now implying that the Bayley/Sasha/Becky vote is entirely based the creeper/brony vote and not at all based on people thinking they actually had a really good year, which is itself an incredibly sexist, creepy, dismissive position to take. 

March Madness has an awesome way of twisting everyone's logic and arguments around into some distorted version of the truth.

Like how the puro/indie/lucha snobs are now implying that the Bayley/Sasha/Becky vote is entirely based the creeper/brony vote and not at all based on people thinking they actually had a really good year, which is itself an incredibly sexist, creepy, dismissive position to take. 

You just did the very same thing you railed against in the first paragraph.  

It's not sexist or dismissive to call the NXT women's division overrated.  It's a damn wrestling opinion.  I personally think Becky and Bayley are both overrated because of just how good Sasha made everyone look in the first half of the year.

It IS dismissive to call you a brony, which I will continue to do because it makes me laugh.  It doesn't in any way imply that Bayley had a bad year.