DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] Sweet 16: BAYLEY vs. PENTAGON JR

RIPPA

[MM16] BAYLEY vs. PENTAGON JR  

128 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm in this video doing awesome shit when he mentions his fans.  Bunch of burly, manly looking fucking men

When they show Bayley fans they're just little girls crying.

I'll boil this down to one phrase: Skeleton ninja vs female Eugene

Which did you want to be when you grew up?

There's a better version of this that was done during the voting period which ended with the karate masters arranged in a pentagon at the end but I can't find it

• Like 7

I am giving Casey a pass because if this is even remotely close I am going over the top in favor of Bayley and I didn't get to be in a video with my favorite wrestler

(Definitely a little jealous about that)

He went from someone that nobody knew about and was jerking the AAA curtain when he could get booked to arguably the most popular person in AAA and LU due to his own impeccable business mind, turning a shitty legacy character AAA threw on him into his own gimmick and selling a shitload of shirts without a corporate machine behind him.

(AAA doesn't sell Pentagon stuff.  LU doesn't sell Pentagon stuff.  Pentagon sells Pentagon stuff)

This was all a build within the voting period.

If this was about matches and shit, Becky Lynch wouldn't be so close in votes with Meiko

Part of really having a favorite wrestler is hating everyone that opposes them, Craig.

Seriously though if I seem over the top I just have more than a little spite in my heart lately and I'm almost sorry about that

Also want to point out that AAA fans voted Pentagon Jr. both 2015 rudo of the year and WRESTLER OF THE YEAR despite Rey and Alberto being in the promotion

Then he won 2015 rudo of the year in a magazine poll that included EVERY PROMOTION

He's probably winning Rey de Reyes but wait no he's not because AAA booking is fucking terrible

I'm in this video doing awesome shit when he mentions his fans.  Bunch of burly, manly looking fucking men

You should consider wearing a distinctive piece of clothing so you stand out in the crowd more.

Might I suggest...

160156009_green-lantern---ring-football-

• Like 4

I feel like Bayley was second best by far in her two super hyped matches. I don't really care for the ironwoman match too much because it felt way too cutesy (did they spend about 5 minutes at the start smiling at each other?) and had some terribly performed and contrived spots, including the finish. Pentagon Jr. had a legit MOTYC with Vampiro in 2015. Pentagon put in a starmaking performance that night. He was a brutal killer but one who has a sense of vulnerability that makes him so enthralling. Underneath that fantastic looking mask is a man who looked like he was just about in over his head, and you could see that sense of desperation in his eyes when his mask was ripped and he was bleeding buckets. He also had a fan-fucking-tastic match with Zack Sabre Jr. at BOLA as well as an insane spotfest tag match with his fellow Lucha Underground peers at night 1 of the tournament. 

Bayley's promos are pretty awkward too. Pentagon Jr. speaks with such passion and conviction. He also tried to light Vampiro on fire. He breaks people's arms. He is a skeleton ninja.

I was impressed with Bayley's ability (as well as a really great match layout from I'm guessing SDR) to get anything watchable out of Eva Marie in the title match. I was more disappointed with her performance and the match layout in the Jax match. While she's way, way better fighting from underneath than as a dominant babyface champion, I thought she struggled in that match and it pretty much killed off Jax. She seems tentative when controlling a match (see the first half of the Carmella match). This is why the Banks match in Brooklyn is so fucking good. Sasha is in control for the majority of the match, allowing Bayley to sell and be the sympathetic babyface she is.

I'm building a case against her here not because I don't think she's very good and will be fucking awesome and soon, but because I think Pentagon Jr. is special and had a better year. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3lu2i4_chris-hero-vs-pentagon-jr-28-11-15_sport

vs. Chris Hero from AAW

(I'm so sorry for the shit music but it's the best I can do legally)

(audio is out of sync in a hurry)

• Like 2

Nah but I mean amongst the fans who were actually excited to see Alberto in the first place

"Here is our boy who got treated like shit by WWE and left because he beat up a racist!"

It was also a moral victory since Alberto refused to do an armbreak job to Pentagon in LU when he was going to leave for a while

They Rey one is the bigger deal, and he fucking killed him in the votes too- I don't remember the exact numbers but they posted the legit vote tally.

What is the wealth of other good stuff? I've watched NXT all year and nothing stands out above "pretty good" in my mind outside of the Brooklyn match. And I attribute that to Sasha primarily. Most of the good stuff from the rematch was on Sasha too, like making Izzy cry.

• Like 1

I think the trouble is going to come down to Bayley having one of the best years of anyone in recent memory with a common agreement of having the top 2 matches and a wealth of other good stuff. The only person I can see really matching that is Sasha.

I take argument with Bayley/Sasha 2 being a top 2 match in the voting period. I can't say it was better then Fenix/Muertes, for instance.

What is the wealth of other good stuff? I've watched NXT all year and nothing stands out above "pretty good" in my mind outside of the Brooklyn match. And I attribute that to Sasha primarily. Most of the good stuff from the rematch was on Sasha too, like making Izzy cry.

I enjoyed all of the matches against Alexa, Nia, Eva Marie, and Carmella. And the only in that group that has done anything I enjoy other then there Bayley matches is Alexa.