DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] Sweet 16: AJ STYLES vs. ASUKA

RIPPA

MM16: AJ STYLES vs. ASUKA  

125 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Everything has always fair game in MM: in ring, out of ring, style, personal preference, ...

I hope you are searching far and wide for evidence of Bayley being an asshole.  We must take no chances with this Sasha/Bayley final.  

I will do my part, but even if a video exists it will be hard to verify if it was in the voting period.  

The bracket stuff is the worst thing about March Madness, but I'm all good with voting for whatever reason though.  I've been pretty consistent about that over the years.  It's usually the Cesaro fan boys who like to restrict the voting criteria because they know Cesaro is boring as shit.

I mostly just wanted to point out that "this video of Styles being homophobic is in the voting period" is a fantastically silly thing.  It's also amazing.

LMAO.  Is this the next evolution of MM?  I didn't know we took personal or political stances into account when deciding which wrestler had a better year.  Touche for finding something in the ring and in the time period though.  That part is hilarious to me for some reason.  

I anticipate Rollins bouncing back next year when his relationship with a Nazi is no longer in the voting period.

I can get behind the guy's work and honestly, this was a vote that I was leaning towards Asuka anyways. It's just really personal for me when I hear the F-word, my dude. And yeah, I can take it personally be "annoyed" for lack of a better word and you don't because you have the privilege to, but that entire rant was unnecessary as hell.  Sorry if my being offended offends you.

It's legitimate to have negative views on a guy because of non-wrestling stuff.  I despise Orton because he was a deserter, as an example, and AJ does have some pretty shitty political views, even if he can go in the ring.   I can respect not liking a guy's work because of their views, I just draw the line when someone says (and not saying anyone has here) that you are wrong to like someone's work because of their views.

The list of wrestlers who have made homophobic or racist comments, beat their wives, cheated on their wives, become meth heads or coke fiends, abused steroids, robbed promoters or fellow wrestlers, joined the KKK, etc. is really long.  If I avoided everyone whose personal life I found questionable, I would watch almost no wrestling at all.

Not to excuse AJ, but, honestly, just looking at guys in this tourney, there are two or three I find at least as objectionable.  I'll take AJ over the stories about Tomoaki Honma beating and terrorizing his wife.  That stuff is stomach churning.

LMAO.  Is this the next evolution of MM?  I didn't know we took personal or political stances into account when deciding which wrestler had a better year.  Touche for finding something in the ring and in the time period though.  That part is hilarious to me for some reason.  

I anticipate Rollins bouncing back next year when his relationship with a Nazi is no longer in the voting period.

I can get behind the guy's work and honestly, this was a vote that I was leaning towards Asuka anyways. It's just really personal for me when I hear the F-word, my dude. And yeah, I can take it personally be "annoyed" for lack of a better word and you don't because you have the privilege to, but that entire rant was unnecessary as hell.  Sorry if my being offended offends you.

Nah man. You do you, bud.  Your posts have been one of the bright spots of March Madness this year.  Your outright hatred of that one guy who stole your finishing move is what March Madness is all about.  I truly don't take this thing all that seriously.  I don't even really hate Matt D.

The list of wrestlers who have made homophobic or racist comments, beat their wives, cheated on their wives, become meth heads or coke fiends, abused steroids, robbed promoters or fellow wrestlers, joined the KKK, etc. is really long. If I avoided everyone whose personal life I found questionable, I would watch almost no wrestling at all.

Not to excuse AJ, but, honestly, just looking at guys in this tourney, there are two or three I find at least as objectionable. I'll take AJ over the stories about Tomoaki Honma beating and terrorizing his wife. That stuff is stomach churning.

I personally draw the line at someone actually acting on their horribly offensive beliefs. Yeah, Hogan said some racist shit, but so does my grandfather. Old people are like that. By all accounts, Hogan has never actually mistreated anyone because of his bigotry, and I've never heard any stories about AJ doing anything more than spewing hateful language. They're both assholes, but not so much that I can't enjoy their work. But I also understand if other people feel more strongly about them than I do.

• Like 1