DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] Sweet 16: SAMOA JOE vs. MIL MUERTES

RIPPA

[MM16] SAMOA JOE vs. MIL MUERTES  

113 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Mil is on fucking fire right now and is the best wrestler in the best promotion in the world at the moment. He gets damn near everything spot on except I wish he'd lose the flatliner. That uranage was fucking vicious and is so much more effective looking than the flatliner. Just give it a SUPER MURDER DEATH KILL name and you're golden.

Pretty much. Joe's character work is excellent. It hasn't translated into consistently great or even really good matches yet. He's still pretty inconsistent. Mil Muertes doesn't have the complexities in his character or the nuances, but he gets the in-ring psychology of his role 100% each and every time he's out there. He gives enough to his opponents to the point where we think they may beat him but when he takes, he takes with such an intensity that puts the fear of God into people and it's awesome. 

NXT has way, way too many filler episodes in-between their specials and it strikes me as safe and tedious at times. Lucha Underground keeps the hits coming and is rarely predictable. I know which show I would pick if I had to choose between the two and wouldn't spend much time deliberating the choice. 

Oh, and Mil Muertes is the Shao Fucking Kahn of professional wrestling. He sits on a throne above the ring and watches wrestlers try and kill each other. Then he comes down as the big boss and wrecks fools.

CZwFdpyWEAAQenk.jpg

Look I'm glad you guys enjoy Joe's work but I don't see anything special. I'm not sure he's having better matches against Zayn than he did versus Magnus which.......isn't a good sign. His heel turn also felt incredibly mundane and unspecial.